TBone250

May 9, 2001
I am up for the summer in Bellingham, WA and wanted to know if anyone wanted ride. I've been riding since March, and have been having a blast. Thanks.

Tom

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
What type of riding do you prefer? I'm in Kent but spend a little time further north. I'll be at the Toasted Hare Scramble 8/4. Been meaning to head up to Walker too.

TBone250

May 9, 2001
I usually ride trails on my KDX. I have ridden on a track a couple of times, but dont have a ton of experience. Where is this hare scramble at on Aug 4? Can people of my ability ride? I am 22 yrs old. I would probably consider myself an advanced beginner if there is such a thing. I went riding with my cousin this weekend who rides hare scrambles all the time and he recommend that I enter one to try to keep improving.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Toasted hare

As far as Harescrambles go it is quite easy as far as the terrain goes, it has a little mx and a lot of easy trail, GREAT for beginers . You are never more then an mile from your truck and it has good spectator veiwing. Its a blast .:)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
That's what I heard about it too--and why I'm entering. I've done some hare scrambles on the east side of the state but while there is some wonderful riding over there, the hare scramble is in a field with some rocks. Fairly easy. We'll see how I do at the Toasted. It's in Bellingham. Anybody can ride who wants to; you'll probably want to sign up for the C class if you want. You can sign up for B also, but you'll get spanked. There are fewer bottlenecks and other mishaps in the B class though. I don't know which are the short course classes, besides the women's--which is where I'll be. Next year I'll run the C class but this year I'm in womens. I'll hunt up a phone or web for you if you want or you could do your own digging at www.nmaoffroad.org

TBone250

May 9, 2001
Thanks for the help. I got the info for the Toasted and will probably be there entering in the C class. Hoping not to get my butt kicked too bad. I have a blue ranger with a KDX in the back if anyone wants to say hello.:)

Tom

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'll be there--look for a KTM #22 and a RM #201 in a white trailer behind a motorhome with red stripes. You're right, it was the 5th--I couldn't remember which date was Sunday. I can't wait--I haven't raced in months!

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Toasted hare

At the hare they run the C, Womans, Senior am 30 am in the morning race the AA ,A & B run in the afternoon.
P.S look for #19 or #226 and say hi or help me back to my truck
:D

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Toastedhare

I have not ridden an off road event in a while I forgot how mucha work out it was .Toased hare ? how about toasted body? FC how is the Knee?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I should have known better.

I trashed it pretty bad. Still swollen, still sore, still can’t put weight on it or bend it. It feels terrible. I lost the front end on a rooty off-camber downhill and landed with my left knee twisted under me, and it popped, and then the bike tipped over on me and it popped again. I had to be helped up and half carried back to the truck—I couldn’t even stand. I was just kicking myself too because a second knee brace for that side was the next thing I was going to order.

And for all those “I-told-you-so” people, bite me. I didn’t have the money. I KNOW it’s cheap insurance but if I don’t have the money, I don’t have it. Sorry for the attitude there but I’ve already heard it enough.

I’m pretty upset. I’ve been riding like crap lately anyway. I got a good start off the line and passed a few gals (There were 12 of us on the line! WOW!) in the first corner, and a few more in the first section of the track. After that it got nasty. The mud was greasy slimy crap that packed up your tire and there was no traction anywhere. I couldn’t pick up my bike when I fell because when I’d go to lift it, my feet would slide out from under me. It sucked. I wasn’t having that great a day even before the crash but after that I just wanted to cry (I didn’t though).

Why do I do this? Please remind me.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Anyone from the northern Washington area, feel free to come up north of the border and I'll show you some of BC's finest.. We've got every kind of terrain you can imagine. I ride a '00 KX250, mostly MX riding so my trail riding skills need working on, but I know where the good spots are and I love getting out there.

Cam

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
eh firecracker.......tooooo bad.....

Sorry to hear about the get off..........yuck.....
I landed back on the mainland......and in fact...staying at a home in Kent until I get a house somewhere......real estate sucks up here!!!!!!
Hope to get some riding in, but I have to get my bikes and house hold stuff first......but then I have to have a house to get it delivered too!

Hope you heal fast.......
HR
:cool:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, good to see another DRNer land in the NW. You'll love the riding here. Did you say you'd been here before?

Real estate does suck. I am continually surprised at how much a studio apartment in a bad neighborhood goes for here--more than a nice 2 bedroom duplex in Spokane! Grrr. What a waste of money.

I'm feeling better and hope to be on a bike again as soon as I can.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Hawaii-Rider
......real estate sucks up here!!!!!!

Hey Hawaii - I know of a brand new home in Seattle. Right next to Bitter Lake Park and Broadview-Thompson Elementary School. Has a view of the lake and nice neighbors (my parents). Asking price is $450K, but it's been on the market for almost two months so maybe you can negotiate. :scream:

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
The Hunt is done.......

Found a house......and they accepted my offer........ :)
Its in the west side of Olympia, right after you turn off I-5 onto 101 towards Shelton, but that just means closer to the riding in Thurston County!!!!

Looked everywhere........(yuck) but for me commuting to Fort Lewis, I am going against traffic.....so its a breeze.....(except friday afternoons when everyone is running away south on I-5) :(
But hey.....its a base for Pacific Northwest DRN'rs......3 car garage.....woooo hoooo.....and a hot tub on the back deck for post ride healing of wounds (we dont crash!!)
Now does anyone know where I can pick up an XR-250 (96 or newer) and an XR-100 used?

Pumped now....I can get my bikes at the end of the month and rooooooost!

HR :cool:

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
TBone250
I'm in the Bellingham area. There is some riding around town, but most areas are unmaintained or are of limited extent. Right at the edge of town is "Galbraith", which has been used by motorcycles for 30+ years with many of the trails built by former ISDE riders. Galbraith is mainly used by mountain bikes. I have a licence plate on my TM, and just ride about 2 miles of pavement to Galbraith when I need a quick fix. Walker Valley is located about 45 minutes south of here and has lots of all-season (buy many are very difficult) trails.

Top Bottom