Anyone in the Bay Area to ride with?

BoneBuster

Apr 22, 2001
Looking for off road entusiasts in the Bay Area to go riding with. Anyone close by? I'm in SF. Just getting back into dirt bikes after 9 yrs.

Friends have Dual Sport bikes that whenever they stop, they'll Armor all everything and scare of dirt.

Last edited:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Bonebuster,

You just missed a mini spode ride. There was a get together up in Elkins Flat riding area this weekend. To answer your question there are good number of DRN members that are in the Bay Area. There is talk about another ride later in the year.

You can always post that you would like to do a ride, specify when, and where. There is usually someone that is also looking for someone to ride with. Post your ride about a week ahead, a day before doesn't work all that well.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I live in Hollister and ride alot in Hollister and at Metcalf in San Jose. Let me know if you'd ever like to check out either of these places. Hey Kali, let me know the next time you make it down to Metcalf again. I'd love to ride with you guys! (Don't worry, I'm pretty slow too!)

BoneBuster

Apr 22, 2001
Re: I'm in the East Bay

Hey Kali, thanks, will definitely give u a holler. What bike is your old man getting?

Kawidude, did u get my email, not sure if it was sent properly or not.

Just picked up a new 01 CR250, need to do break-in 1st, then have to get some after market goodies and will be riding regularly after that.

Last edited:

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
Hey BoneBuster,
I'm out here in Castro Valley, about 30/40 minutes from SF.
I'm also looking for people in the bay area to hook up with and go ride.
I usually go to Carnagie since it's the closest, it's not the best place to ride, but it's not bad. There are a lot of people out their, but if you stay on the black diamond trails you usually don't run in to too many people :confused:
I know I have a little kx100 but I can keep up :p
Let me know next time you plan to go riding and we could hook up for sure.

Later

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
HEY!! MORGAN HILL!!

Hey, I live in Morgan Hill (just a few mins south of San Jose) I usually ride Hollister, Metcalf, Cleer Creek, and STONYFORD!! Does anyone else rides these places? We should hook up!! Although I am laid up right now with injuries!:(

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
sup KID KDX, I've been going out to metcalf a lot lately, I've ditched carnagie for metcalf ;)
when your all fixed up gimmie a shout and we'll hook up for sure.

lates,

Tony

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
NOT I !!

Well, I aint up for it!! (well, actually i am, but i am broken) And the question is "do any of you HAVE girlfriends?":p

Last edited:

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
yo kalitude ltns!
I might be up for riding this Sunday, I haven't been to Hollister yet and all I hear is good things about the place. My girlfriend rides, but she doesn't ride, know what I mean.. she doesn't have a bike yet and I'm still teaching here the fundamentals of switching gears *the whole clutch thing* so she won't be coming, unless she wants to sit in the back of the truck the whole time :(
but if you guys do end up going, let me know and I'll probably meet ya up there.

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
that would be cool, I will also give my aunt a call and see if she will let me borrow her kx100 for the weekend for my girlfrield 'Annice' so we can all ride together ;)

KID KDX

May 15, 2001
is Hollister pretty strict about red stickers? my bike has a red one because it's a '01

KX 100, As far as i know, Hollister will let just about anyone in. Call them to confirm. But they are pretty easy.

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
no way!? hah sweeet
I also just spoke to my aunt, and she says its cool for me to use her bike this weekend, so I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow night and take Annice out to metcalf saturday so she will have at least "some" trail riding experince on Sunday :)
so we'll have two bikes *yay!*

bulldog71169

Apr 17, 2001
Kali,

When will you guys know where your riding... Hollister or Metcalf? I havent been to either so need to know where you all will be. I'm going for a short ride tomorrow with my son in pinole from about 9-12 then hope to meet up with some other forum members with you on Sunday.

Drop me an email if you get a chance. My son is away till Sunday evening so I will be riding solo otherwise.

Matt
msilva@best.com

BoneBuster

Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by bulldog71169
Bonebuster... why bummer? Can you make it out?

bulldog,

Because I've gotta go and do break in first, don't want to slow everyone else down, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else.

I sent u an email earlier about hooking up sometime to ride, since you are pretty close to me.

Last edited:

BoneBuster

Apr 22, 2001
Thanks Kali, but I have to ride slow for 15 minutes, go back to the car and let the bike cool off, then do approximately the same over again, until I run about a tank thru it. I'm just going to go to Metcalf today (Saturday) to get it out of the way. Hope to catch you guys/gals next time. Have fun :)

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
yo Bone
was that you next to us today (Saturday)? it was me and my girlfriend in the green s10 truck with two kx100's. The guy next to us had a brandnew cr250 and look like a cast or a wrapped wrist in a s10 truck as well.
that would have sucked if we missed each other :silly:
My girlfriend and I will be out there tomorrow as well since I don't think she's ready for hollister, if you go back out to metcalf tomorrow give me a shout and we'll go ride ;p

Last edited:

BoneBuster

Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by kx100
yo Bone
was that you next to us yesterday? it was me and my girlfriend in the green s10 truck with two kx100's

Nope, because I was there today (Saturday) doing the break in and helping someone that ran out of gas. I might go there next Thrusday or Friday. You're lucky that your girlfriend likes riding, my wife said "When hell freezes over". :(

We should hook up and go check out Club Moto (well groomed MX track) in Livermore, got some table top jumps :p I love being competetive, bumping handleabars, skid blocking, all the fun stuff :cool:

Last edited:

Top Bottom