Anyone interested in a DRN day at Badlands?

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
Last night I got to meet MTrider at the track. Super nice guy! He asked about the next DRN day at Badlands MX Park.

We have a couple of sunday day practices coming up and I was wondering if anyone is interested! Same MO, half price for those who let me know in advance that they are coming (and guests too).

Next practices are this friday night (6-10pm), this sunday (12-4) and next wednesday (6-9:30pm).

The night season is coming to a close at the track. The last night race is November 24th. Night racing/practicing will pick back up in the spring (probably early march 2002).

thanks!
Ms. B;)

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I'm game if it's at a good time. I have a race early saturday, so i think friday night is out for me and I have classes on wednesday nights too. :ugg: I could do Sunday's though. :)

BTW: Is the track really hard for a real beginner? And is the beginner class turnout big on practice, I'm trying to get my buddy to go, but he is afraid of getting run over as he has never been to a track before...

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
I have been waiting for a while, since the previously scheduled DRN got rained out. This weekend is no good for me, I think I am going to the TORO race at Xtremeland.

blackhawk468-Badlands is beginner friendly. I have not ridden there lately, but was there Sat night a couple weeks ago for a few minutes and looks like they have done lots of work to improve.

Ms. B - Did not see y'all a couple weeks ago, I guess you were busy. I stopped by for a few. We were out for a ride on a loaner Harley. Still working on my house in Farmersville. Hope it is done before Christmas. Then I can spend more time out your way riding the track.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Well you can count me in:D Is all of the day track going to be open on Sunday? Had a great time Wednesday.....except for the unthankful soul who locked his keys in his Chevy........:p

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
DPW are you sure you know how to ride at a track that isnt hard as concrete...and doesnt have a 50 gallon drum with burnt chicken on it ?:p

seriously though saw your helmet, nice lid

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
Wow I guess nobody wants a DRN day at Badlands.

MTRIDER,
DPW are you sure you know how to ride at a track that isnt hard as concrete...and doesnt have a 50 gallon drum with burnt chicken on it ?
I'm not sure after this past Sunday. Went out to Burleson this Sunday and I had to remember how to ride in sand again and how to handle deep ruts. Shiney Grove has me spoiled it's pretty much like riding on the street. The burnt chicken no thanks....I've learned my lesson on eating food prepared on a garabge can, LOL.

Looks like Badlands is having practice on the 30th, I think I'll try and make it out then for practice to check out the new track.

seriously though saw your helmet, nice lid
I christened my helmet at Burleson too. There is covered area in front of the starting gate you have to ride through, it's not designed for riders my size . I "bumped" in it with my helmet.
:mad:

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
A DRN day at badlands would be great. I think that we can count MTRIDER out for the next 6 weeks as he broke four bones in his foot and dislocated his big toe this last week end (not a very pretty sight).
:(

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
96XRBoy,

Thanks for the the news about MTRIDER. Was he at Badlands yesterday when he broke the bones ? I was riding with him on Saturday at Shady Grove and he seemed to be all in one piece when he left.

MTRIDER, sorry to heard about the broken bones get well soon. We need to have a Shady Grove rematch.

l8tr

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by DPW
Shiney Grove has me spoiled it's pretty much like riding on the street. The burnt chicken no thanks....I've learned my lesson on eating food prepared on a garabge can, LOL.

Hey - I happen to like Charle's cookin' at the Grove. Those pork chops and chicken he grills on that high $$$ drum are good eatin' <and greasy too - it helps my joints stay loose while I'm riding :confused: >

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
How beginner friendly is Badlands? Many doubles? Many tables? I'd like to go practice at a MX track sometime cause I never have and figure it would only make me better to know how even if I never race it. Are there any practice times that aren't really crowded because I dunno if I can handle riding around a MX track with a bunch of traffic. I'd like to ride with you guys out there. How exactly do you get there?

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Im interested in going.Im a beginner and never rode at a REAL track before.:confused: So I could be in for it.I would bring a friend if I did, but he tore his ACL so that kinda hampers my riding considering not many people from Bonham ride.First off I have to get these darn pins out of my thumb,which will be the 20 th of this month.:)

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
Badlands is a good beginner track. it has several doubles and rhythm sections that can easily be singled or rolled. as far as the number of people I have seen as few as 8 to upwards of 30 bikes on the track at one time, but the track is big enough that it is easy to ride and is not to crowded.:cool:

MTRIDER - where did they relocate your toe??:scream:

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
I went for Wednesday night practice... and I must say what a fun track. The jumps are perfect, and I could do all the doubles and almost two of the triples. :)

So... when is DRN day?

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
Friday or Sunday?

Thanks for all the feedback guys...

I am looking at Sunday, December 9th as a half-price DRN day! We have the practice scheduled from noon to 4pm, but it might be 11am to 4pm. Does this seem good?

Jen...er..Blackhawk, I didn't realize you were there until the last practice. I was stuck flagging on the back camelback the whole night. Russ radioed to me that you were here, but I thought he was saying "Wendy". :eek:

OH well...glad you liked it, Russ has worked really hard on improving it. Did you see the indoor bathrooms? :)

thanks again for all the DRN support!
Ms. B

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Dec. 9th sounds excellent to me. But gotta warn ya, haven't been on the bike in about 6 months. Dang work, I need to retire! Boy I hope this pans out, that would be a kick butt time!!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
MTrider-
Ouch man..I had the same injury a few years ago..
pinned 4 toes and the ones associated with them in the foot etc
Hope ya heal up quick.

Mrs Bad-
Hey how is Russ?..he never calls or writes no more, not even a dear john letter- doesnt he miss me? ;)
I know I know I STILL need to get him a sign! I havnt forgotten actually.
Tell him when i can walk again , and back to work - i will get on that!
Docs say January-ish if I'm lucky...typically 5 months for a tibia and fibia break :(

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
No I didn't see the bathrooms, if so, that would be a track my mom would like!!! She's not the outdoorsy type.

I wouldn't be able to make the Dec. 9th practice, that weekend is Round one of the Winter Series I'm planning on competing in. I was planning on the Nov. 30th practice, but it was cancled :( I was really bummed.

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Badlands?

Is this going to happen? I would like to come and bring the whole family. Please let us know the hours and any specifics. Thanks.

Ms. Badlands

Aug 10, 2000
you bet!

This sunday Badlands MX Park will be offering half-price practice to all
DRN members and friends. Just email me @ badlandsmx@msn.com with names by sunday morning at 9am and you will be on the list of half price riders! Russ has added a cool new day track extension making the track about a mile and a half long.

The practice will be organized by bike size and skill if necessary.

Hope to see you there!
Mrs. B:)

Top Bottom