Anyone know how I can lose my gut?

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
I was doing a lot of ab workouts and all with weights but then I realized that that isn't really going to help me lose my belly fat but only strengthen my abdominal muscles and make my gut hard lol. So does anyone know a good healthy way to loose that spare tire or is running your butt off at the track the only way? Hehe, thanks :confused: :)

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
Cut down on your carbs and exercise.... Exercise could consist of practice.... Motocross is the second most strenuous sport, only soccer is ahead.....

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
yea, low carbs and just plain eat less is good.. you may be like me and have skinny legs and arms, but tummy pouches out a bit. you may even back off the situps for a while as large tummy muscles can make it poke out too. slim fast diet did wonders for me.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Well I will just say it simple for you. Eat less junk food and slowly cut your calories and I know you complain about not having time to run or jog, but you need to find time to. Also if you start lifting after work that should be good also try not to eat any high carb foods before bed. Also eating 6 or so small meals a day I have heard is best. If you have any questions visit bodybuilding.com and check out the losing fat forum. :)

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
instead of eating a few large meals, just eat small meals throughout the day... make sure they contain little fat. . eating healthy and in the right proportions should be all you need, exercise will increase the speed at which you lose weight but it is not necessary. if you shop at a health food store you will find that it is nearly impossible to eat poorly... you can still eat a good 2,000 calories, just do it the right way.. people have a tendency to give up on things... . if you grunt through it in one month you should see huge results... . . strength training will result in weight gain, not loss, only cardiovascular exercise will make you loose that gut... and if you want to loose it fast.. INTENSITY!! get that heart pumping.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
If you can afford it, take a trip to Indonesia and sample the local cuisine. You'll be skinny as a rail in no time. :)

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
get you a gut worm, me, i got me one only wayz tho he aint a big eater. dang ole eastern gut worm, i need me a southern gut worm, but nowz wayz me an the misses are found of my tiny eastern gut worm.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
LOL,sfc I had my hand on the trigger to blow your southern post up, then I saw it was you, I thought the person was for real at first :confused:

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Thanks for all of y'alls help. About this eating 6 times a day but in small portions, when should I eat and how small of portions? Should I eat at breakfast like some fruit or something for instance and then a few hours later and then lunch, then few hours, then supper, and another small portion after that? I don't really have much experience with eating more than 3 times a day but I will try lol :D

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
dont stop the stomach exersises, if you have a gut then you will probably slouch also which will make it look worse! doing the ab exersise will tighten up your core, and will hopefully improve youre posture so you can stand up straight and tall and look better. having a strong 'core' will give you a better platform on which to do all of your other exercises!

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
Fruit for breakfast, lots of water, fruit for lunch, lots of water, salad & lean meat & some bread for dinner, lots of water, and run every other day. Do this for 4 months and you will lose 25 lbs and never feel better. You can splurge every now and then, but you will feel it in your gut and will feel guilt that you did. The hardest part is starting. IMHO you don't need to spend money on health clubs, diet pills/salons, etc. Simple is best - just cut the calories, drink weater, and exercise. Good Luck.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Keep a journal. Writedown everything you eat and the calories. Eating less is not always the answer. 1800 to 3000 calories aday depending on how active you are.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I know what you mean about that nasty little (or big) pouch of fat around the mid-section. I have been trying a low-carb diet to help lose this thing. I start every day with 24 oz of V-8, and try avoiding my favorite stop for fast food breakfast. When it comes to munchies, I try to keep it to fresh fruit or fresh veggies. (This time of year is great, since I can grow my own veggies) For main meals, meat and veggies. No spuds, no pasta, no bread. Now, if I could just stop drinking my favorite beverage....beer.....I would probably win this war! You will notice I said I TRY to stick to these things, but temptation alwayrs rears it's ugly head and I find myself elbow deep in a peanut buster parfait or a big ole pile of spaghetti. :)

I can't report on actual pounds lost, but I have shaved off enough to squeeze into that pair of mx pants that didn't fit just a month ago. :eek:

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
What about that "SlimFast Diet" thing? Does anyone have any good experience with those? I've always thought they were kinda stupid and girly but hey if it leans me up I'll drink it lol :confused:

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
O yea if you do start dieting seriously, allow yourself a carb up day once a week or so, but that doesn't mean go on a fridge binge and eat everything you can that day. Just allow yourself to take in a bit more than you usually would on your regular dieting days(it helps you stay consistent on the diet and get rid of some cravings you maybe having).

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
Tommy said to drink lots of water and I support that.... Drink at least half a gallon of water a day (it's really not that much), keeps your system clean and strong... . . .when you eat more frequently you tend to feel hungry more often, which is normal, but many times people mistake thrist for hunger.... so even if you feel hungry and it's not time to eat yet, just down a big glass of water and you might be amazed at how much better you feel.

Weezie

Jul 29, 2000
Nothing, and I mean nothing burns more calories than lean muscle mass. IMO weight training and proper diet ie: lean meats, fruits/veggies, and some complex carbs, are by far the best way to lose fat. It takes a big commitment to stick to it but when you see results it's almost addicting. If you enjoy beverage, beer that is, drink in moderation. A six pack of Bud is almost 900 calories, empty calories at that. Good luck with your belly. I was once told it's a wise man who builds a shelter over his favorite tool!!! Funny, but not good advice. Later, Mike.

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
That's a funny quote lol. I've started the "diet" if that's what I should call it yesterday. I started actually seeing how many calories are in the food I eat and I've started to cut back and eat like no sweets at all. I usually eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast before I go to work and then while I'm at work I drink lots of water, probably 4 bottles of it how ever much that adds up to I'm not sure. I also tend to eat less breads and bread products since that contains most of the carbohydrates. I've started doing my ab excercises again, and do them and pushups and calf raises every other day so that it will give time for my muscles to rest. I might also quit eating breakfast because when I wake up I'm not that hungry, but I eat anyways since it's sort of a routine that I had when I was in school. I'll experiment around and see how I'm doing. I'm starting to feel better though :)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
dont stop eating breakfast! its the most important meal of the day, if you quit breakfast you body might start storing more fat!

Weezie

Jul 29, 2000
I wouldn't skip any meals, your body will go into starvation mode, it'll store fat. Some foods require more calories to burn than what's actually in them. Glad your feeling better, it's a good sign.

Last edited:

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
1/2 gallon = 64oz (but more won't hurt)

I would stick with the breakfast.... i find that when i don't eat breakfast i feel lousy throughout the day. Just a small breakfast really helps all the processes of your body to get going.... and keep in mind when you wake up, your body has already been famined for 8 hours. . . . just my thoughts

Racer_x4

Aug 6, 2001
Yea I know what you mean. I tried skipping breakfast after Christmas Break from school when I got back and it made me feel lousy all the way until lunch time came. It never helped me any either. So that idea is gone.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Yes, skipping breakfast is a bad idea. That's why I down the V-8. We as Americans are traditionally horrible breakfast eaters, (think about it, eggs, bacon, buttered toast, cereal coated with sugar, pancakes and syrup, greasy sausage, donuts, and so forth), so sometimes it's easier to just skip the whole thing. Getting into a zone of actually enjoying vegetables and fruit for breakfast is kinda tough!

Ya know, if a woman had posted this question )Anyone know how I can lose my gut?) in the Womens Forum, whata ya wanna bet one of the replies would have been "divorce him". :)

Top Bottom