Anyone purchased new bike from Canada

parkerCR

Nov 8, 2001
Hey all,

As I look for a new ride it seems like I can get a heck of a deal from a broker in Canada. Since I live in Seattle it would be easy to go pick up. All the dealers locally say that Canadian dirtbikes are different and they won't service them which could easily be a way to discourage the public from buying anywhere else but from their dealership. I know that some cars are different in Canada than the US in regards to certain models. Anyone have any experience with this. What is the risk? Is there anything different? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
They are no different than what the dealers are selling here in seattle, that's just BS they are sold by Region's so it's a North American model not US model/Canadian model. I just bought a new '04 KX 125 from the broker up in B.C he met me in Blaine and I got it in the crate no dealer in this state can touch thier prices. I'm just waiting on my canadian title to show up in the mail, and once I get that It's easy to get titled here in WA you don't have to pay sales tax cause it's first titled in the shops name and when you transfer it over it's like you bought it used/demo. BTW motocross bikes are sold as is no warranty anyways. I have had zero problems with my new KX and I got it about week and half ago.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by MXP1MP
I'm just waiting on my canadian title to show up in the mail, and once I get that It's easy to get titled here in WA

Since we don't have titles for vehicles up here I'm not exactly sure what they are planning on sending you.

As for differences in the odd occasion for some reason our models have come with different tires than the US models, and I know for a fact that last years RM's came with different jetting than the US bikes. Otherwise all of our bikes come with a full parts kit that apparently US dealers pocket for themselves I've been told.

YardDog24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2003
Beings that Im in Bellingham, maybe I should look into this. It seemed to me the prices I was getting (online) werent that much cheaper tho? Am I looking in the wrong place?

And how would the title transfer go if BC doesnt have them?

Last edited:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
The only differences between my KX is occording the the US website it's suppose to come with crappy bridgestones and mine came with crappy dunlop 739's. I don't think the jetting is any different, there was no difference between the canadian specs on both my '03 YZ250F and '02 YZ 125. I was just told I was suppose to be getting a canadian title. I got all other paper work like the MSO it's all I really need. I wasn't expecting it to come with a title anyways. I'll look into getting it titled, but my friend who bought one of the '03 KX 250's from him said it was easy and he's never owned a bike before. So if a newbie can do it, I know I can. My bike didn't come with a spares kit, I thought that was a european model thing.

iridesx164

Jun 14, 2002
I bought one of my yz's in canada and diddnt have a problem (except when I wanted to register it in N.Y.) If u dont want to register it then go ahead u can't beat canadian deals, and the exchange rate. There are some little differences in the bike, the 250f comes to mind with different muffler end caps, my bikes jetting was speced different, anf the tires were different, no big deal. Oh, there was also this maple leaf sticker on the frame saying it was canadian, but other than that DO IT UP!!!!! in canada. Im happy with the parts kit and everything elese. The local dealer here gives a discount on parts for a year, if I buy the bike from him, but in the first year I would on have had to spend like $3,000 in parts to make a difference. O and that no tax thing is great!

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
yea I meant north american motorcycle brokers, the prices on the site are what you pay. no sales tax and no frieght setup charges, those fee's alone can add on another $800 to the price of the bike all depending on what dealer you go threw. Most dealers in the state of WA if your looking at an MX'er 125 and up 300 easy in freight setup and like another 400 in tax. The only dealer I know of here in WA and they don't deal in large volumes for mx'ers that doesn't rip you off when it comes to that is condotta's in wenatchee they do more enduro bikes and play bikes for only yamaha's and KTM's.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
also, i've heard that if you race and plan on getting contingency money from the different bike companies, (i.e. suz., kaw, etc.) they will not pay on a candian bike if you are not a resident.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
are there any reason why you "Have to Title the bike"? what if you never titled the bike? and when you sold it, tell them all you have is the orgination and billl or sale?

Top Bottom