bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
im going on a ride tomarrow on my three wheeler down by the prison off of hwy 905 (used to be 117)
still looking for a bike, but thought i'd go ride my 3 wheeler. anyone ride down in this area??

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
No! but i am always looking to meet up with those crazy san diego folk, especially i it means riding nearby to home!

later

bruce

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
well if your interested i will be there about 11:00am, it's off hwy905, take 905 to otay mesa rd (just past brown field airport) you will see otay mesa rd on your left where 905 takes a sweeping right.
i think it has a sign for the donovan prison,this is the same turn off.
once on otay mesa rd, follow it down to the stop sign (about 1/4mile) go straight through the stop sign on to a dirt road,(you will probably see people riding in this area) i will be on top of a small hill, i with have a 2001 black dodge 1500 full size truck and a honda 200x 3 wheeler (dont worry it's not a big hill and not far off the otay mesa rd).
hope to see ya stop by!!

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
That's a great place to ride. Although I haven't been there since December. Won't be able to make it this time but maybe in the future.

enjoy

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Been there, done that. You can ride along the border into the foothills. The Border Patrol officers are in trucks and a few of them are on quads. As long as you stay out of there way the are pretty cool. Every once in a while you can see some of the skydivers using that area as drop zone!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I've seen the area when I work at the border and have wondered about the riding there. Sounds like it might be worth the trip down.

bike'r steve

Apr 1, 2002
i have to agree with thumbs, i live 30 miles from the boarder, it's a nice place to ride if you live in san diego and just need to get out and ride, but ocotillo or ocotillo wells is only 1 1/2 hours drive away and much better riding. weekend trips are useally to gordon wells.

Mat99

Nov 15, 2014
well if your interested i will be there about 11:00am, it's off hwy905, take 905 to otay mesa rd (just past brown field airport) you will see otay mesa rd on your left where 905 takes a sweeping right.
i think it has a sign for the donovan prison,this is the same turn off.
once on otay mesa rd, follow it down to the stop sign (about 1/4mile) go straight through the stop sign on to a dirt road,(you will probably see people riding in this area) i will be on top of a small hill, i with have a 2001 black dodge 1500 full size truck and a honda 200x 3 wheeler (dont worry it's not a big hill and not far off the otay mesa rd).
hope to see ya stop by!!

Hi Steve,

Is this the spot?

http://maps.google.com/?q=32.578605,-116.944850&hl=en&gl=us

Thanks

Top Bottom