Dogboy

Jul 20, 2001
Wanting to get a new helmet to replace my miserable THH cheapo
Problem is i can only afford a mid priced lid.
Was looking at the new HJC AC-X1 and it feels real lite and looks good.Anyone used one or have input on a similar priced helmet,around 200.00.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I got one of these last week. In my opinion its the best helmet for the money out there. very light, removable liner, good venting.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I got a HJC ACX! this spring just love it... venting works fine, fit it great particularily after i bought the thinner cheek pads - stock ones where way to snug for my chubby face - thinner ones are available and help a lot! way light to.

good deal on a helmet in my opinion

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I love mine also. Best helmet I have worn and I am a true believer in the HJC helmet line. As you have probably already read, Cobrakid was wearing a HJC CLX-2 and it held up to a major blow when he crashed. Even though Chris received head trama, the helmet saved his life.

I got my AC-X1 for $185.00 mail order.

Wanabe

Feb 6, 2001
I bought one not long ago. it is real light and is not very expensive. It is a little tite around the cheeks, but really good other than that. Where did you get the thinner cheek pads Mike? I only got one ride in it though between a broken back and leaving for college.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
The HJC is a great helmet. Mine is a perfect fit, and the liner is well made. The cheek pads do pack down a little after a few cleanings, so they won't feel too tight after awhile.

Dogboy

Jul 20, 2001
Thanks for the feedback.I found this helmet for 175.00 + shipping of course at hjcmotorcyclehelmets.com, its the best price ive seen they also have parts,cheek pads,liners etc.They also offer white for 150.00 i think it is,not as cool looks wise but temperature wise on a hot sunny day it can really make a difference over a darker colored lid,im really thinking about going white.Hard choice they have a good lookin grapics scheme.

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
I've had this helmet for quite a while now and I love it. I think this is one of the best helmets on the market, especially for the price. It looks good, has good venting, is very light, and fits me very well; very comfortable. The quality of the liner is also very good. It's hard to beat this helmet for what you get for the price. You also see a lot of the pros wearing this helmet.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I too have one and like it. Mine is obnoxious safety orange. Great everything--liner, visor, venting, light weight, pads.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I figure, that way they can find me when I crash and tumble through the brush!

I do like it though. It's distinctive.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
Looks like we all agree that this is a good helmet for the money, now what about boots? Im looking for some boots that are good and cheap any ideas?

Top Bottom