Anyone try the Q silencer?

Snowsk5054

Jan 4, 2004
Anyone try this at all? My stepfather said if I want to keep my YZ 80 I have to turn the volume down. It has a powercore 2 on it now, which isnt helping the noise. Any opinions on it? :thumb:

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Use one on our RM85. Looses some snap off bottom, but definitely a lot quieter.

Snowsk5054

Jan 4, 2004
Okay, thats good it brings down the volume, but has a small sacrifice. Oh well! :laugh:

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
I use it on my CR80. It quiets it down well and it is forest service legal. The hit is softened a bit but I can still rip!

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
The Powercore is louder than the stock silencer from what I hear.

This kid around here put one on his CR85 and it deffinetly seems a hell of a lot louder.

Snowsk5054

Jan 4, 2004
The Q silencer sucks!!
It didnt bring down any of the volume, compared to the powercore 2. It is still pretty loud. It sucks, now my stepfather is yelling at me saying he is gonna take my bike and sell it cuz its loud...blah, blah, blah. I dont care he isnt gonna do anything. Oh well! There goes the quiet issue of this!

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
I'd get a hold of FMF. It may not have been packed properly at FMF. Ours is definitely a lot quieter than the stock silencer or the after market silencer.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Any silencer you get isnt going to quiet up a 2-stroke 80cc bike that significantly to satisfty your pops.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
A lot of two-stroke sound comes from exhaust pulses bouncing around inside the pipe. Maybe that's what you're hearing. Cover the end of the silencer for a few seconds and blip the throttle to see what I mean.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
something that helps is to take a short section of tire inner tube like about 8" and clamp it around the output of the silencer. it points the noise toward the ground. we have done this to quite a bike down enough to pass the noise limits to race.

Snowsk5054

Jan 4, 2004
I tried to pull apart the pipe to see if anything is wrong. I couldnt even pull it apart! I took the screws out and tryed to pull the outertube thing off, and wouldnt budge. My brother grabbed one end and I grabbed the other, and still wouldnt move. Ohh well! Guess I'll have to live with the sound....sucks. :ugg:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…