CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hey guys thought I'd check in and see if we're getting together for a fall ride at TC I'll have to check with Jon to make sure it's cool with him so let's get an idea of dates that work. I'll also be riding Saturday and Sunday this weekend if anyone wants to join in.

Gordon

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I have heard from many people that Tower City is open to the public now, and you can pay for the day without being a guest of a member. Still too far of a drive for me to go too often.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I start school a week from Wednesday - so I'm out :(

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
hey, Dan

I don't know anything about that but either way I doubt it would be a problem for Jon as we certainly had a good ride last time. Just have to check with him if we plan on doing it.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sold my truck for a family wagon so i'm out til i buy a receiver and a trailer. That wont be til income tax time.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm up for something...I just don't know when or where. I'm hearing TC, Jason, what about 8B's?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I tweaked my knee this past Saturday riding and I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. It's the same knee I have bursitis in so it's hard to tell what's giving me the pain. I definitely have more pain than before. I guess I need to make a trip to the doctor to tell him I twisted my knee stepping into a hole...yeah, that's it I was walking across the yard and stepped in a hole...sounds good to me!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Hope the knee turns out to be no big deal! I've had my share of knee troubles just like most of us. I do have a set of 07 Asterisk knee braces (size large) that are collecting dust at the moment. I used them for half the season then had a set of custom cti braces made. The Asterisk's are very good for off the shelve braces. Let me know if you'd like to try them.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im up for it. TC looks like maybe a no go, new managment is cracking down but we could probably still get everyone in if they say they have not been there yet this year. 8 B's is a go. I am a member and can get us all in. You can camp there as well, no hook ups, no potty, but there are showers. Potties are a 10 min ride to the 24 hour mini mart. TC will only let us in for 1 day if they follow the letter of the law for $40 a day. 8 B's is $25 per day (not night) so if you camp over night its $50 / person to ride / camp, not a bad deal if you add it up. We do get all of Paragon to ride plus but no EMT's or snack shack like Paragon offered. I can check the club schedule and maybe we can work a party weekend when they have a pig roast, beer, and bands at the picnic grove. There is also a rifle and archery range and I DO like to pop a few rounds into the ground once in a while :laugh: Bring any electronic equipment that has been frustrating or failed you and we can teach them lesson! :p
Either way, lets start talking dates because we need to make this happen and get together to enjoy what we all love. I'm really kind sad it seems like our get togethers are kida hard to do anymore. Im thinking an early October thing?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Well unfortunately I'm done for the season. This house selling/buying deal is taking a ton on time. I might get out locally once or twice but nothing all day.

Have fun!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tower City new rules No Day riding

Well it seems that TC is now under a new lease and managment that will be sticking to the by-laws. This means that there will no longer be the option of day riders and that you will either have to be a member or a guest of a member. Just so you know members can only bring 3 guests at a time and it's unclear to me if you can bring the same guest more then one day.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
RM_guy said:
Well unfortunately I'm done for the season. This house selling/buying deal is taking a ton on time. I might get out locally once or twice but nothing all day.

Have fun!

You staying local?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
weimedog said:
You staying local?
Yep. I put a bid on a house that is 4 miles from where I live now. It's a bit bigger and has just over 5 acres that border a bunch of land to ride on. In fact I can hook up trails to the place I ride at now. I just have to sell my place first...or win the lottery ;)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Around here thats about the same thing isn't it?

Good to hear your staying ..local ..and getting a little closer to controling your riding future! Hope the chips fall in your favor!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Thanks. Although I won't admit it to my wife (I'm sure she knows anyway), one of my requirements is to have some land or access to land to ride on. I mean my happiness is important too, right:)

I hope to sell soon. They are actually moving pretty quick in the area that I live. My fingers are crossed...and I bought a Deal or No Deal lottery ticket this morning but I haven't checked it yet. I'm afraid it's another looser :(

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
You know I'm up for it and pretty flexable at the moment. We are house hunting though so I hope I don't get my wings cliped before we can ride :whoa: . We can do Boners I think if we get a date and head count nailed down in time. Shall we do a poll maybe?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RM_guy said:
Thanks. Although I won't admit it to my wife (I'm sure she knows anyway), one of my requirements is to have some land or access to land to ride on. I mean my happiness is important too, right:)

And although he wont admit it to us, we all know what he wants doesn't matter, and what his wife wants is what they get....he just got lucky with the 5 acres and riding access :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Damn, you're good Dan. My plan is to never admit to anything...unless I get caught on video...but even then I'll deny it :nener:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ok so we are no closer to getting a ride together. Lets say Frist weekend in Nov in Hazelton / Paragon / 8B's? We can rock some of the old stuff and see some of the new stuff. Cliffs, caves, silt hills and vista's.

Last edited:

Never2Old

Nov 30, 2006
Is anyone able to ride this Friday? I could ride from opening until around 3:30 or so. I can't go on Sat. or Sun.

Rob

Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith said:
hmmm, I might be up for that. Let me check with my boss

First weekend of November would be this weekend - we're going to the wine tasting Sunday, 'member?!

Top Bottom