RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have to say you guys are pathetic. Do I have to organize this damn thing even thou I can't ride it? Jeez Louise. :p :laugh:

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Dualsport rides

I can't make it for the next couple of weekends. There are two really sweet daulsport rides in South Jersey coming up this weekend and next. If any of you guys are interested let me know but you will need a Street legal register and insured bike to ride. Yeah I know what you'll ask. How did I get my bikes registered? The simple answer is you really can't do it anymore unless you use the Vermont method which I hear you can do through the mail. NJ, PA and NY are near impossible anymore to get a dirtbike registered as they fax the tittle through to the state and they will most likely reject it. I have seen guys out on these rides with two strokes registered and insured in Vermont ride with no trouble from the local cops. The rides by the way are going to be just over 100 miles per day through some really sweet single and two track stuff in the Pine barons of south Jersey. Well organized and marked out with some paved riding but not much, usually just a short distance then back in the woods.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Meteor Dualsport

So any of you guys interested in the dualsport this weekend It's in Chatsworth, NJ area some really sweet riding to be had if you can handle the cold. Looks like a high of 52 for Sunday and partly cloudy so that's the day for me. Saturday looks like it migh rain. Check out the site.
www.meteormc.com

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Im up for it. Most of these chumps cant even ride thier lawn mowers on a sunny spring day of 72 much less a brisk fall ride. :nener: . Where you guys at?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Meteor Dualsport

Ran the Meteor with CRF guy and Steve today, it was a brisk AM with temps in the 30's and a bit of a scavenger hunt to find the ride, but it warmed up nice into the 50's by the end. There was a nice mix through out the ride with 3 "hero" single track sections dispersed well over the ride. Lots more black top riding, or maybe it just felt like that with the cold air. Lots of loamy sand, Jason does not like sand :ohmy: . I had a very hard morning fighting the front of my bike. I made some adjustments to the bike and my style and by the end of the day I was more on pace. At one point I was running arrow straight sections in 3rd gear getting pased by KLR's and I think a dude on a Gold wing drinking coffee AND reading the paper!
Good turn out and met some cool riders in the lots, on the trail, and at lunch. I was comofotable most of the day, a bit hot after the long single track, a bit cold after the long road sections, a bit pale after the long fast sand sections, but dry, so a good day with good buds. Got a bit mixed up on the way home and took a different way but even that worked out since the route I took down was jam packed for miles so I probably saved time getting "lost" for the second straight week.
You know with the right gear Fall November riding is awesome. The colors, the smell of the leaves and dirt with a tinge of 2 stroke in the air, good stuff.
My next rides will probably some joy riding up in Hazelton so get your bikes ready.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Passing by you

Well you gave Steve and ego boast every time he past by you and making him wait for you was just what he needed. I know you really wanted to make him think he's getting better. Actaully he thinks he can give you some pointers and he's ready to sign up for the next enduro race. All in all it was a great day and we all had fun. Looking forward to riding Hazleton with you soon

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Awesome, I always try to take a good look at what people who are passing me are doing differeint or better, I saw Steve and others standing up tall when he blasted by me, though with him its hard to tell when he is standing :nener: . I started doing the same and really standing tall and grasping the tank with my legs instead of leaning over the handle bars and keeping my weight back and knees loose like I do on whoops and single track. Its hard for me since I am tall its hard to stand tall and still be over streached (leaning forward) on the bars so I was having to kind of bend my knees (squat) to keep loose on the bars so my quads are hurting today and I know I need to raise my bars and probably lower my pegs. I also saw Steve eat a face full of sand and almost ran him over, and Im sure his rail road track crash was something to see but I was infront of him at that point and missed it. But hey, he has been getting faster and fallen less so I know he is learning fast. Im glad he is riding so well and confident, and Im glad I had a fun day and did not take a dirt dive all day even though I was slow. I know you have to push your comfort zone to get faster and I think I progressed well over the whole day without getting hurt so thats a very good day for me. I also know when my bike is and is not working well so If I keep riding the sand Ill keep making adjustments until it works the way I want it to. It's nice to be able to copy the setup of guys who are riding well too. I must say the GPR has been awesome and I would have had a VERY BAD day without it. I think with a better front tire and front suspension setup I'll be dialed in better but hey, these last two weeks have been my first time back to NJ and sand in a LONG time so we have some catching up to do. Perhaps the sand just needs a good crash sacrifice befoe it will yield and so I endured its rutted wheel grabing wrath. I recall seeing a guy on a KTM flying through the end of a single track section only to auger in the sand on the turn onto the sand road at the end of the section so his buds could laugh very loudly. I herd lots of guys talking about thier high speed get offs at the lunch lodge too so it seems the sand taketh away but givith when you fall so thou shall not be hurt. :p

BTW, looking at Hazelton this weekend maybe so stay tuned. Ill be camping out probalby so Ill ride Sat and Sun if the snow clears up. with the hi temps this week I think it should.

Attachments

• gordo.JPG
    gordo.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 132
  • meteor1.JPG
    meteor1.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 137

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, sounds like you guys had a good time. I'm looking forward to getting out again in the Spring.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I got 150K. Post a link to your house, we are looking. Anyway, Ill be up at 8'bs Sunday for some riding. give me a call at2158927721if your up for it. CRF guy Ill call you Sat to get together. FYI, we have almost 200 mi in the last 2 weeks so get out there enjoy the fall!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
We road Chadsworth today, but we did a nice dual sport in Port Elizebeth the other week, I really liked that one. You can ride the pines legal if your bike is legal. Of corse I see quads out there too but not nearly as many as use to run out there, NJ has really cracked down on the quads.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Chatsworth

Hey Jason The stuff we were riding in Chatsworth is not what he's talking about. All we did is park in the town and tehn went into the forest. He's talking about the Park with a track down there. To ride the stuff that we did you have to be completely registered and insured with plates. They do on occasion do a sweep and round up what they can. By the way I now have my GPS completely loaded up and next week should be a blast. that is if you fix your o-ring before then.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
You know Im gonna ride that O ring the way it is just to wind your crank :nener: . If it didn't leak after 25 minutes reved up in 5th gear on the road it aint gonna leak. I might just pick up a new one as a spare though :p .

Top Bottom