Anyone use Zip-Ty's FLOW Exhaust System on 04 YZ250?

Spine_Thrust

Oct 3, 2003
Update: Anyone use Zip-Ty's FLOW Exhaust System on 04 YZ250?

If so, what do you think compared to stock? I was looking into new pipes so I started researching for anything other than stock and found this little piece of work.

I've heard the FMF brand sometimes has fitting problems, and I can't really find anything about the ProCircuit stuff (in terms of the gains or losses in HP relative to the RPM's)

Anyone have dynos on the FLOW exhaust vs. stock? Or better yet, the FLOW vs. stock vs. FMF vs. PC. (now we're jammin!)

Pipe
http://www.ziptyracing.com/display/eCommerce/productView.asp?ProductID=558&CategoryID=107
Silencer
http://www.ziptyracing.com/display/eCommerce/productView.asp?ProductID=560&CategoryID=107

Thanks

Last edited:

showtime0277

Nov 14, 2004
my friend has it but mostly because he bought ty's 04 bike. It has the pipe, silencer, v-froce reeds and seems to rip. I have an 05 with a fmf fatty, ti-2 silencer, and v-force and it seems to pull about the same. I would say his burns a little cleaner because of the coating on the pipe, it raises the temps and some other technical stuff and supposedly burns cleaner. And yes my silencers dont exactly bolt right on i have to force it. But for the rest of the system its fine.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive had FMF pipes on my last 3 bikes and they all fit fine.

i dont know if i like the ZTR silencer- it almost looks like it came of a 4 banger.

Spine_Thrust

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah...hey showtime...how does the silencer look on that bike? I'm impartial to the end-cap, but the silencer itself looks round as opposed to the stock or others which are oval shaped? You know the sideplates are formed around the oval shape and I wonder if the thing looks less than desirable or out of place?

showtime0277

Nov 14, 2004
yea actually it is round. Im not a fan of stinger end caps but i actually like that one. I also think it sounds better then my fmf does. It sounds more.......beefy. I like it and the quality looks very nice as well.

Toby259

Jan 5, 2005
Keep us posted on how it works. I put a FMF Gnarly on mine, since I do mostly off-road and no MX and I really like it and had no problems with the fit. Where in SC are you?

Spine_Thrust

Oct 3, 2003
I ordered the ZTR exhaust today along with the VF3. The folks at Zip-Ty are really nice and helpful.

Toby, I live in Columbia. How about you?

Spine_Thrust

Oct 3, 2003
Update: I received pipe and silencer (oxymoron) :) last week and just got a chance to test it out today. WOW! This thing rips! Stock exhaust and intake would not pull the front wheel up in 4th gear very easily without major clutch pull. After installing Zip-Ty exhaust and VForce 3 reed block, I barely have to do any clutch work to get it to come up in 4th. Simply amazing.

One complaint though, the craftsmanship was a bit disappointing. The pipe didn't fit perfect (like I expected) and I had to fight to get it on. And there is still a slight angle in the gap at the cylinder. Oh well, I'll live with it.

Other than that, it looks great and rides even better.

Toby259

Jan 5, 2005
Spine_Thrust,

I'm north of Charleston about 40 miles. I ride mostly off-road and race enduros. If you ever want to ride in the woods around here let me know. I have been considering a V-Force3 valve in my bike, it's supposed to really enhance and smooth out the low end.

Thanks for the feedback on your mods!

:aj:

Top Bottom