smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
the do-it yourself bedliner kit? I believe it's made by dupli-color and it's at auto zone and walmart or those types of places. I tried searching for info for it and came up short, any goods or bads about the product? How's installation, durability? Thanks in advance.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I heard the Duplicolor kit is pretty lame but the Herculiner kit is pretty effective. I have a small can of the Herculiner in my garage that I plan to line my bed mounted tool box in my truck with.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Spray in is the way to go. My brother just got a spray in rino liner for I think it was $400.00. Talk to MOOSE95(brother) hell give you the speciffics

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
The herculiner is really good. Runs about a hundred bucks. Just were gloves and something to cover every inch of skin, or you'll end up with black latex all over your hands. Its rough and rubbery. The duplicolor if I'm not mistaken is smoother in apperance.Haven't tried it though.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I have started doing the inside of my bed mounted tool box and am VERY impressed with the Herculiner kit. 2 coates for sure to get adequate coveraged but it seems to be very durable and should hold up to abuse very well based up the limited testing I've done with the pieces I've coated.

I had a Rhino Liner in my V10 SuperDuty and it was nice but discolored easily and cut pretty easily when I loaded some metal cupboards for my buddy's shop in it. I think when I get my diesel done I'll go with the LineX, mostly because I'm too lazy to Herculine the whole bed of my truck.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Patman's right. I've got a Rhino liner in the bed of my T100. It's pretty thick on the bed, but the rails are a bit under protected. I cut the liner on my rails with a dog box, the lifetime warrenty takes care of it, but it's a hassle taking it over to the shop. A guy at work did the "do-it-yourself" bed liner and his truck looks pretty good, although the bed coat isn't as thick as mine. Had I had a garage and the time to do it, I would have done the do it your self route just for kicks and to save money. Go for the do it yourself kit man and enjoy the "quality time" with your truck ;)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
My brother-in-law has the LineX on his S10 and as soon as the cash starts flowing around here that's what I'll get for my full size. This stuff was indestructible, shovels, rocks, etc., didn't even scratch it.

Top Bottom