tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Lafferty Won But lost series as Bobbitt was 2nd!

Lafferty now rides for Husaberg!!!! Officially announced on NEPG webpage.

The Event was awsome w/299 official entries and 289 on the course. Cool and overcast all day.

Michigan riders appeared to do well and results will be updated on www.d14enduro.org soon!

The club did an good job and the trail held up well.

Now let's here from the people that actually got to ride the event and not just work it.

whitebear

Sep 17, 2007
Trail was great...very technical in some areas with many elevation changes, river crossings and even running a dry river bed. Enjoyed it and weather was perfect. Great job to everyone who helped!!

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Fun event, dirt was perfect! Temps were nice and cool for a change (loved that). I was planning on running at least the B section as well but I had a couple bad crashes (1 in section 3 and 1 in section 4) that made me glad my event was over after section 4. The one corn field they sent us down the middle with what looked like only one row of corn taken out was pretty intense in 5th! The corn stalks for about 30 feet in front of me were just a blur like I was at warp speed. Had a blast.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Salgeek????

The old guy was the B hi point winner for the district. What a sandbagger??? :)

As confirmation this Senior B (?) rode the A/AA section just for fun.

Great ride Scott!!!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
That was one fun event. Lots of quality flowing fun singletrack with no garbage mixed in. Lots of obstacles, rocks, logs-big ones too, hills, gullies,off cambers, ditches, rivers, warp speed corn rows, grass track section and sweet singletrack. I had a great time, I did get run over though in section 4 when I pulled over to let an anxious rider by in not the best spot-I fell over back into the trail when the second guy went byand he drove over my back and fell on me and my bike. Took us quite a while to get untangled and get my bike back going-that section cost me-but thats racing-shat happens. I rode the 200 and it was fun but not as planted and confidence inspiring as my trusty 250. The 200 is better for Hare Scrambles and faster trail for me but ya never know until you try. I'll be back on the 250 at Goshen. Billy Fritz and I got a fun battle going in SS-B class this year and we'll be battling hard at the last race of the year just like Don and I battled last year-fun stuff! He got me this race, he rode really well, and we are so close at the end of that day-it's amazing a few seconds here and there.

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
We had a great time. Alan hit it on the head when he said the trail was like velcro. I hooked up good most of the day.
The 'B Open' class is killin' me this year, I can't seem to catch up to TJ. I can't wait for him to go 'A' class (haha) :) . I was close, but close doesn't count when the diff from 1st to 5th was 1:32. It sure makes for fun conversation after the event.
The corn field was freaky. It felt like warp speed with the stalks being a blur.
The barbed wire pasture on the right side of the trail had me chopping the throttle when I imagined what I may look like if I make a big mistake.
I think the restarts had good placement & timing. Enough of a break and not too much waiting around.
I sure did like that Lafferty wheelie across the river at the start.
Thanks to all who put in the work to make it happen.
And thanks to the landowners as well.

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
The dirt was perfect, couldn't have been any better. it was a very fun and fast course. that 12 mile section started to get nasty, and i made a few mistakes, but still made it out in good time. some of those fields made me glad i had my damper. where they took that row of corn out, that was cool, just a blur of corn on either side. i did ride part of the A/AA section, crashed hard just over a 1/2 mile in, knocked the wind out of me, so i bugged out at the first road crossing.

all i would have had to do is sneeze and i would have lost first. only beat 2nd by 5 seconds, and only 1:32 all the way back to 5th? that is some close racing. the coolest part was the cycle news interview.

Brian, keep 'er pinned, think later, maybe you can make up a minute and a half ;)

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
What a weekend it was :nod: . I left the house late Saturday evening and few minutes after 1am I rolled over the hill, just before the covered bridge and when I looked right I could not believe how many vehicles I saw. The place was packed. After covering the bike it was time to catch some zzz's. At 6:36am the pre rider’s bikes started and I started the van to warm up. Dark, early, cold... and no coffee. I head off to sign-up and found coffee too.

Race prep begins... Indiana family arrives :) ... 2 hrs comes and goes. It's race time. Overcast - chilly - no sign of rain. The bike starts and all the players are heading to the start. There sure are a lot of Husabergs - seems odd.

Everybody always looks so damn fast at the start - is it just me? Five, Four,3,2,1. Start. On a row full of AA's and A's I hang back. I clear the stream crossing last. ScottR(26E) gets hung up in a nasty mud hole in the first section. Trail was sweet and left a smile on my face. NICK FAHRINGER blew by me like I was in a school speed zone and he didn't see the signs - WOW.

Section 2 and 3 came and went. Time for gas, rest, a small bite and a quick brake pedal height adjustment. As luck would have it... while making the brake pedal adjustment - Mr. Yamaha himself happens to be strolling by and was quick to quip - "work'n on that KTM again, are you?" Good one - Don :laugh:.

Roll to the start of section #4, thinking ‘only 2 sections left time to hustle’. Off the line - feeling good and looking forward to a 12 mile section. Great section - passed ScottR and caught BrianN and ran with him for short time before he ran off and left me in the dust.

Section 5 starts with only three of us on the row. A fall and a smashed caterpillar on the goggle lens :yell: makes the section a notch less than perfect - oh well.

Decision time: Do I ride the A/AA section? Talking with BrianN he questions - "So you riding the A section". Before thinking... I say yes. Sensing my fear Brian say's "well you didn't come here to visit people". Further sensing my fear he asks - "how long have you been riding". All the while - I'm thinking is it really that obvious? LOL. Fast-forward 11 miles... and I'm wondering 'why are we riding by the staging area? ....they must have something up their sleeves.' Yep - Enduro cross. Just for Fun.

Thanks to my favorite crew for all the help and the wonderful after race meal.

Mike - make sure you stop by for a BBQ sandwich at TC.

Still B.

dbkidcraig

Nov 6, 2006
That was a very fun race. Good mix of tight and open sections. This was my first race back on my ktm after blowing it up at marquette. Great way to break in a motor huh? Took a while to get used to the bike. I found a big hole in section 3 and lost about 3 minutes extracting it and fighting off the torn bushes that were covering up the hole. So much for all the time i made up in the log section just piror to it. I started riding much better after gas until I got a flat rear tire in the 5th section. Three big zip ties around the rim and I was able to finish the race. Wish I could have rode the A section though.

Man talk about a close race though. The top 4 overall d14 b were a minute apart. I ended up 1st overall B200.

The points battle for overall B this year looks like its coming down to the last race. See you guys a turkey creek! :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
UP Magoo said:
Yup.
Last B Class event for me.
:yikes:
I'll be there riding with Mastin - Tell Azzhole No#1 to bring some Elk steak and I'll bring the F'n cake :cool:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Congrats on your D14 Overall B Scott... Great ride!

salgeek said:
...Still B.
Based on Advancement Points, you were technically 'A' after Jack Pine... :cool:

... And it will be "official" as of Jan. 1st.... :aj:

A great achievement for anyone, and especially for a "slow old guy in his mid-40's"! ;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Congrats on your D14 Overall B Scott... Great ride!

Based on Advancement Points, you were technically 'A' after Jack Pine... :cool:

... And it will be "official" as of Jan. 1st.... :aj:

A great achievement for anyone, and especially for a "slow old guy in his mid-40's"! ;)

"A 200"??? That class needs some fattening up.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mr. Yamaha himself happens to be strolling by and was quick to quip - "work'n on that KTM again, are you?" Good one - Don

Really an acomplishment considering the bike you ride! Maybe you are "faster" with no brakes.

Good job Scott.

nickolino

Feb 21, 2008
:cool: Yessir Mr AZZHOLE i'll bring the elk. Jeffery and I preentered on row 15 because I figured you quit Offroading and took up chasing 20 something girls on bicycles. Anyhow before I go to far down that road lets get on the same row I'll show you what the 150 got. We'll be at GLGP this weekend.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey Nick

I'll bring something to add to dinner, 4 people -and I'll see ya at the resets on row 18. :cool:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
salgeek said:
I'm stoked to hear I finally made it to the A class. Thanks for all the tips and help from all you folks. :cool:
Being that "BILL" already spilled the beans!
I would like to congradulate you on EARNING your A card!
I generally wait until end of season and call personally to do that.
THANKS BILL :nener:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
tdunn976 said:
Being that "BILL" already spilled the beans!
I would like to congradulate you on EARNING your A card!
I generally wait until end of season and call personally to do that.
THANKS BILL :nener:
Sorry Tom! Didn't know there was a "protocol" for this.... You see, I've never gotten "The Call". ;)

The other "soon-to-be A riders" will just have to wait, but I'd bet they know who they are...

Top Bottom