Anything in So. Cal this weekend?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Yeah

I wont be able to make the enduro. I need to be back at my house by noon on Sunday.

Have fun though

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
The mtn. separating OC from Corona. Looks like a saddle from the OC side. Terry thinks he can find the old mx par, too -- sort of a sightseeing thing. Don't know if he can go Sun. am though. . . .

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Ok Sounds good to me. Is that around the area we went to last time?

I am green sticker only so you guys gotta keep that in mind

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
The mtn. separating OC from Corona. Looks like a saddle from the OC side. Terry thinks he can find the old mx par, too -- sort of a sightseeing thing. Don't know if he can go Sun. am though. . . .

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
I don't mean to barge in or anything but where are you guys talking about? Somwhere between I15 and I5 in the mtns? I thought all of that was off limits now a days. I'll probably either be at the track in Elsinore or maybe trail riding in Lake Morena.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Lake Morena is a OHV area out on I8 East of San Diego. It's just a little ways past Pine Valley if you look on a map in the Mtns. It's basically up on top and over looks The Desert. You Exit on Buckman Springs rd. and head south about a mile or 2 and then you'll see signs for the park. I went out there a couple weeks ago for the first time and definately plan on going back.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Jeff & sirhk. The area LT is talking about is west of the 15 freeway. It is the Cleveland National forest. You should be street legal to be up there. Key word, (Should);)

Saturday would be a better day for me, but, I will see if I can make it sunday.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
So the riding is pretty good there? Could you tell me a little bit about it? Hills? Jumps? Sand? Dirt? Is it crowded?

I'd like to do an early ride on Sunday. When are you going out Khris? That looks like about an 1 1/2 hour drive for me.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Well, I've only been there once a couple of weeks ago. It's defanately a legal area. It's designated an OHV park. We rode for a couple of hours and it was fun. The stuff we were on was mtn. trails. Fire roads that conected to jeep trails and some single track stuff. No real jumps. There was a camping area and the trails lead right up to a lake to fish on. It was not crowded at all and the weather was perfect. I would suspect that it could get pretty warm up there but that's true at almost any of the riding areas in SoCal. I'm planning on riding somewhere on Sunday but havn't made up my mind as to where yet. If people are interested in meeting up there I'll go. Like I said though, I'm not an expert on the area and it would be as much of you exploring the area as me. If I don't go there, I'll probably end up at the Elsinore track unless I here of something else going on. My bike is Green stickered and I'd be interested in riding anywhere with in an hour and a half of North San Diego. I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see what developes. Let me know if your interested in going up to Lake Morena. I'd be happy to meet you guys there, I'm always looking to meet new riders.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Khris,

That sounds great! Unless my wife disaproves I'd like to ride Lake Morena Sunday morning. We're doing the Father's day thing on Saturday this year. Would you be up for getting there as early as possible? I'm also green stickered and I don't want to spend more than 1/2 a day riding. Elsinore is just about the same distance for me but I'd rather do Morena. Let me know and we'll meet up somewhere.

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
Crap, I forgot about the fathers day thing!! I think I'm supposed to meet my parents for breakfast. I can try to make that as early as possible and get up there. Let me talk with them this evening and see what their plans are. what part of SD are you in? I live up in Ramona and the plans were to meet my parents for breakfast in Poway Sunday morning. I'll work on that though. I'll post a reply tomorrow and let you know what I can do. I ususally try to get out as early as possible but this may be one day that I can't do it.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sorry to wuss out on you guys but Lake Morena is to far for Sunday (gotta be home by noon) and I dont feel like running from the police this weekend.

If anyone would like to come up to Cajon Pass I could do that early

I know I am being picky but my wifes made me swear to be there when her parents arrive. Between the injury and losing my riding partener I havent been able to get out much.

I am open for Saturday though

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
RMJeff,

How far would Cajon Pass be from Carlsbad? Sounds like a long drive for me. But I would be interested at some other date maybe.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Not sure on the distance from Carlsbad but if it helps it about 20 minutes from Ontario.

Anytime you wanna go up there let me know.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
RMJeff,

That looks like about a 2 hour drive. How far off of the 15 is it? It takes my less than an hour to get to Temecula. Is it pretty good riding there? Sounds like a lot of fun. I think you mentioned it was more sight seeing than anything.

tristan68

Mar 14, 2001
RMJEFF,

where do you get off at on the Cajon Pass, off oak hill? i'm curious about that area as i see people out there while i go up the hill to visit my parents in victorville. would like some info on directions to riding areas, what exit to take and where to go from there.

tristan68

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by tristan68
RMJEFF,

would like some info on directions to riding areas, what exit to take and where to go from there.

tristan68

Exit the 15 North at 138 (just past the truck scales). Just along the on ramp for the 15 north there is a small dirt road. So From the 15 N exit go across 138 like you are getting back on the freeway. Just as you come to the ramp move to the right and you will see the access road. Take that road until you come to the 2nd railroad bridge. Stage there and continue up the road on your bikes.

The trail will take you under the freeway and up the mtns. toward Phelan. I think its about 15 miles round trip.

The only bad thing is oncoming traffic. You really need to pay attention. The trail runs along the ridges so if you happen to fall off the trail it could be along way down.

If you get tired the fire roads also lead back.

Jeff

Last edited:
Top Bottom