JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Anybody riding this weekend? Have room for an out of shape, winded from unloading the bike, leaky fork seal and possibly front brake issued rider?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Jeff.

We may go to Chuilla Creek this Sunday if your interested.

Did you ever get your jetting issues figured out??

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Jeff,

Eel, Thumbs and Jack are heading out to red mountain to ride and lay out part of the couse, not tie ribbon just decide where it's going to go. I'm sure you'd be welcome to hook up with them. Sadly i can't make it.

Tim

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Jeff call me if your interested in scouting trail for the Ghostrider. We are heading out Saturday afternoon. We will ride that afternoon and the following morning.

213-216-7566

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by RMjeff
Anybody riding this weekend? Have room for an out of shape, winded from unloading the bike, leaky fork seal and possibly front brake issued rider?

After your ride let me know and I will set you up with some fork seals.

Whats up with the front brake?

I might go to the Gorman track this weekend, I was up there yesterday tearing it up.

Brian426f@yahoo.com

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Nevermind.... Just got home from work and I gotta go back tomorrow. Work sucks....Never have anytime to ride and the wife is starting to get irritated because we dont get to spend any time together.

89'r - its not perfect but its very close.

Endo- After I cleaned the fork seals with a piece of film I was holding the front brake so I could cycle the forks. Thats when I noticed fluid dripping on my radiator shroud. I pulled everything apart and cleaned it up and it appears to have stopped leaking. Seems that the bolt might have come loose. Where is your shop located?

Thumbs- I called Tim this morning.. Im feeling pretty bad about neglecting the club and really wanted to come out. Maybe next time.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Well Jeff, since you're out I don't feel so bad. We got the new tank for the YZ and have to put her back together Sunday. I still have jetting issues, and need to dedicate one day to jetting. As soon as the bikes are up to snuff we'll be ready!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
I still have jetting issues, and need to dedicate one day to jetting.

Damn two-strokes!!! :confused: :) :laugh: :laugh: :moon:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by Ol'89r

Damn two-strokes!!! 

Yeh, when you make the choice to ride a high-strung, highly tuned racing machine it requires a little more effort than your typical 'put gas in it, go ride it' (4-stroke) play-bike!:laugh: :moon:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Dont feel bad Jeff, I havent ridden in so long my green baby wont even talk to me now. Now she just turns her tailpipe at me and gives me the finger with her brake lever. Im thinking I should probably wash her since its been over a month. Jeff you need to get the women into riding. That way she wont complain. Im thinking you and I need to get them out to the Mirage lake bed and get both mine and your on a bike. Ive been saving a CR80 for my wife but getting her to ride it is another story. Im thinking if she was out with your half she might do it. We can let them ride while we watch then in the second half you and I head out for a ride while the women kick back from those long miles on the lake bed. Who says us men cant compromise?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
If anybody is going to El Mirage, let me know when. I need to go someplace easy for my first ride back, so I'll just stick to the lakebed and nearby area. But of course, the real gnarly riders will check out the tougher stuff the area has to offer. :laugh:
I'll probably bring my 11 year old if she's not doing anything else.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Boodac
Im thinking you and I need to get them out to the Mirage lake bed and get both mine and your on a bike.

I took her out there 2 years ago. It had to be the hottest windiest (is that correct?) day in El Mirage history. She rode my sons XR100 for about 5 minutes and swore she would never go back. I guess it was just bad timing.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Man are you sure your wife isnt related to mine? She was the same way except I have a plan. Im thinking about having her go to that Honda riding class. Its about $125 and they get to ride the XR's for the day. Besides if she decides to get the death grip and runs the throttle wide open she cant blame me but the instructor of the class. Seriously, Im not sure if the CR80 is a good learning bike since its extremely pipey but if you want you can use it to teach or have her go to the Honda class with mine. That way we both can sit there and have a hotdog and laugh oops I mean smile while they put around the track.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I brought my ex-wife (yeah, you read that right) to El Mirage this spring. She rode the 125 and had a blast. She already mentioned that she wants to go again. I'll think about it..... :p

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Hole Shot has the right idea. Only one problem though is that it means trucking along for a while until they build the confidence and all. I figure its better to follow along at a creeping pace than to have them complain about how often you ride. Besides whats the old saying? The family that rides together stays together? Something like that.

drBill

Dec 2, 2001
Guys, FYI - last week when we were out to el mirage, the lakebed WAS a lake. About 3/4 if it is posted off limits due to water on it, so unless it's really dried up in the last week, your wives won't have much of a riding area. Only the small area around the east entrance where the pit toilets are was open. HOWEVER the mud on the trails made for a fun day and a long cleaning session! ;-) (Not used to seeing mud and 100+ degree weather at the same time!)

Bill

drBill

Dec 2, 2001
Originally posted by Bet On Red
speaking of mud and el mirage...

Ha! I say a F250 Four by stuck up to the bottom of his doors in that same mudhole! However - yesterday we hit el mirage cause the 5 N to Gorman was for all intents and purposes shut down because of a bad accident, and guess what??? There's no mud to be found! The lake is completely dry and all the mudholes are gone. :-( It was really hot too. It's amazing what 2 weeks of 100+ degree weather will do. Back to desert now.....

Top Bottom