Cr80rbRider

Oct 20, 2001
I've recently been looking at the FMF AOF Ignition for my 1998 Cr125, but unfortunately FMF is getting out of the ignition business and they don't carry their ignition for my bike anymore. After talking to one of their techies they told me a place called Berg Racing designed the AOF igntion for them, and to give them a call. My question is do you think they could re-program an ignition for an 00' Cr125 to a 98' Cr125? The FMF guy already told me there was too big of a difference to where the bike would'nt run correctly. Just though I would check with you guys before I put a call into Berg Racing. Thanks, and any expertise would be greatly appreciated! -Matt

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I had a 00 CR125 ignition reprogrammed for a 02Cr.i would call berg racing and see what they say.IMo ignitions are very costly for the peformance you get(if any)i bet your wondering why i have said this and got one myself-so do i, im dyno testing mine tomorrow i will report back what i find.

Cr80rbRider

Oct 20, 2001
Great. I'm assuming you had someone else re-program your ignition, if so how much did it cost? I can get the ignition for $99 bucks, it's just a matter of how much it will cost for someone to re-program it... Thanks!

Cr80rbRider

Oct 20, 2001
Well, it turns out that the unit for a 2000 won't fit a 1999 due to the difference of the electrical connections. This makes me wonder, did the ignition off the 2000 you had programmed for the 2002 fit right in without any problems? There has to be a way around the problem I have...

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I was told he had to rewire it as well-i think it was just a case of matching the wires from the loom to the ones in the connector.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Cr80rbrider i have put the dyno charts up in the members area-the igntition made the biggest difference of all-if you cant get someone to redoe yours i could get the e mail address of the guy that did mine-shipping isnt to expensive if you get the unit cheap enough.

Cr80rbRider

Oct 20, 2001
I checked out the dyno sheets you put in the images area. Looks like one fast Cr125! That would be great if you could give me the shipping address of the guy who re-programmed yours. Actually his phone number would be great too, and is there any chance he has an e-mail address or website? He'd re-wire it to work with my harness right? The guy I talked to at Berg Racing didn't sound too enthusiastic about re-wiring mine, so I might as well try the programmer you had do yours. Thanks again, really appreciate it! -Matt

Last edited:

stevep

Jan 5, 2002
We have just finished the supply of CR 125 91 - 97 ignitions for use in the kart racing industry, so if you need a unit that will work on your 98 call Berg Racing and they will be able to send you a unit that should be ok for your bike.
Good Luck

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom