muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
I am considering buying a programmable cdi for my 2000RM250, (Wolf) and was wondering if anybody could help me with opinions or experiences of these things. I was thinking maybe I could have one curve for slippery, a different one for grippy, or maybe flick the switch at the end of the straight/after the knarly bit etc., as I need more low end for exiting corners etc. and would also like more up top ( of motor )! Thanks

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
I just put one on my 02 YZ250... I'll let you know how it went after I try it out next weekend.

IMO if you have to pay full price for one, it wouldn't be worth getting unless you have exhausted all of your other options first.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I'm not certain but I believe those are the ignitions that FMF had originally for $399.99 and finally gave them away earlier this year for $39.99. If that is in fact the case I'm betting there is a reson for it!

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
The reason is that they were not enough bang for the buck.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
The seller is asking $150 for a new one, plus I'd need to pay $50 or so to get it here. If it works as advertised it seems OK, but the reason for asking the question is it does seem a lot of money if it doesn't, especially when I can't always afford fresh rubber. I need to make up my mind by Tuesday. Thanks for replies so far.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
muddy, I'm sorry I can't really tell you much about it, I have only ridden with it on my bike for about 30 minutes and I was just breaking it in so I didn't really get on it very much.
I could tell a slight difference between the two maps, I.E. the Torque setting seemed to pull from a lower RPM range with no noticeable hit, and the Boost setting pulled from a slightly higher RPM with a very (more than stock) noticeable hit in the middle, but remember that I was only running the bike 1/2 - 3/4 throttle max and I was just putting along on fairly flat terrain.

I really can't tell you yet if it was worth it. (I got mine for really cheap also.)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
dont bother muddy, ive tried one and it was a waste of time, on a 250 you cant really tell the difference- wont make it much easier to ride or much faster either

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Bruce, but what is intriguing to me is the option of getting the PC tuning kit and playing with the ign. curves for different pipes, compression, and fuel.

I wasn't expecting anything great from it how it came, but for $75 shipped, how can you resist?

Muddy, I think that you would be better served trying out a flywheel weight. I have ridden Rcannon's YZ250 with one (10 oz.) and I really liked the way it felt.

Bang

Apr 9, 2003
Hi...

Were can you by the Wolf CDi that cheap ???
I am loking for one to my KTM SX 125 04´, but I only found one at
www.ktmparts.com ( 400 $ ).

Please help me !!!

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
They are ~400 retail. I got mine from a guy on dirtrider, I was fortunate.

Bang, I would try every other mod before I tryed the ignition. That should be the last step in your quest for power.

Bang

Apr 9, 2003
V-force and Doma pipe is stock... So i talked to a guy ho said that Wolf CDI maked a big different, and said it was worth the money, but you don´t think that ???

Bang

Apr 9, 2003
Can you tell me were I can get the FMF ? Should I just call the FMF, or what...

"I live in Denmark ( Europe ) that´s why i am asking".

Thanks !!!

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
There were many of the ignitions in question, that suffered an early demise. And of course this "is in my humble opinion".

Top Bottom