Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i am going to be buying some new n-style graphics for my bike, is there any trick to getting the shroud nd tank graphics to line up with each other and getting them to stick good. my one friend said that he hear that you can spray windex to the back of the decals so you can slide them around until you can get them lined up and work out any air bubbles, have any of you guys ever heard of this or done this before?

nappers

Feb 4, 2004
Yeah, I used windex, but don't use too much. Just spray a bit on the adhesive side of the graphic and a little on the clean plastic. Then, once you have the graphic on, use a hairdryer to smooth everything out. You can also use the hairdryer if you used too much windex. It worked great.

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
When I put on my number plate decals, and graphics(I replace both every spring)I do exactly what your buddy said. I clean the bejeezus out of the plastic, then spray it down with a fine mist of windex. I then take a small squeegee( I got one from decal works when I ordered my number decals), and squeegee all the windex out from underneath. That allows you to get the air bubbles out easily and get everything lined up. I then take a heat gun and heat up the decals slightly and make sure I get the last of the air bubbles out, and make sure everything is stuck down good. Hope this helps :thumb:

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I've used windex but used soapy water last time. I sprayed a liberal amount because the curves were weird. I used a creit card to work the bubbles out then used a heat gun and that made the adhesive really take hold. Just take your time and it should work!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Don't be afraid to wet it real good which ever you use, windex or soapy water. The more you wet it the better chance you have of getting it lined up good. When you are happy with how it's lined up, work the excess out using a squeegy or credit card. It will dry without the aid of a hair dryer unless you are wanting to ride right after putting them on. Applying graphics is lust like installing window tint.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thanks for all the responces guys. i am using brand new radiator shrouds, but what what would you use the clean the gas tank with so the adhesive sticks good?

Top Bottom