April 12th/13th... DRN ride?

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Anyone need to get away? I'm thinking of going for the weekend. Zia & the kids will be out of town, and I hate staying at home alone. Kelly is going to go with me, and I'm sure we can twist angryjim's arm, maybe even angrytom. Les? MCassle? Jonala? RetSeniro? Natalie? Brian? Who else am I missing from Northern/Central CA? Any Hollywierdo's wanna join? The more the merrier. I want to have a good relaxing time, get in some serious mileage, do some serious bench racing by the campfire, etc. I'd also like some folks more my pace. I hurt myself last time trying to keep up with those guys. I had fun, but I'd also like some slow pokes to putter around with & waste gas.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
If you're interested, the Sawmill enduro is that Saturday. There will be a new class, the Trailrider class. This class rides after the regular enduro riders. They will not need timekeeping equipment. If they are early to a check, they will be held until their minute comes up, and then allowed to proceed. There will be trophies, et. al. You can experience an enduro without all the timekeeping challenges. Also, the course has been set up to allow for an easier ride for riders while providing for special test sections to give the "A" riders their challenge.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Nah, but thanks for the info. I was considering doing a HHORA race that same weekend, but would have more fun with a full day of play-riding than dealing with race anxiety. I'd like to try an enduro someday, though

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
Zio.......Most of us if not all will be at the Sawmill Enduro.

Bigbird.......That new class sounds like it's for me!!!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Okeedokee, maybe I better consider that instead. I wanna be with you guys ;)

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by RetSenior
Zio.......Most of us if not all will be at the Sawmill Enduro.

Bigbird.......That new class sounds like it's for me!!!

George,
Mick is awful lonely in B class. Now that he has a mega KTM you guys can ride as a team. :aj: That way your roost cloud will have cleared by the time I get going.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Originally posted by zio
I'd also like some folks more my pace. I hurt myself last time trying to keep up with those guys. I had fun, but I'd also like some slow pokes to putter around with & waste gas.

Zio,
From the posts that I have been reading about you, your riding partners are people like Mick, George, Bigbird, Shane Watts, and any of those other fast guys who ride 4 stroke orange. Oh yes lets not forget Fremontguy. :aj:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I'm pretty sure I'll be riding the HHORA event on the 12th. Let me know if you decide to do that instead.

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
John...Now that Mick is on the KTM he will see the A class before I ever see the B class. I'm stuck with you in the C class my buddy.

Zio...Don't feel bad. I can't hang with those guys either. But at least they wait for us at turns.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
All this self-deprecation is funny. RetSenior, there is no doubt you could be the fastest out there if you put your mind to it. And you know what I mean. :laugh: BTW, George, I went to Georgetown Sunday, and rode with a couple of clubmembers from North Bay MC. I must have just missed you. Rick Guidice (sp?) said you were there, I believe.

I won't be riding this event. The club made me the Referee for it. I can, therefore, make life hell for you guys. :p Also, I am in charge of signups, so I may accidentally put a few people in the "right" class. :debil: :laugh:

John, George, Zio, and any other DRN'rs. Let me know if you want me to save a campsite for you. I'll be there from Wednesday night 4/9.

Last edited:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I need to buy space blankets and flashlight batteries before my next ride :) Maybe I can tow a mini weekend warior behind 450.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…