Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I normally get my issue of MXA around the 25th of the month, but never received one. I thought maybe I'd somehow let the subscription lax. I asked some friends and non of them have received there's either. It's now going on two weeks late. Anyone have some insight as to what's up? Maybe the presses broke, or they have a story they're trying to squeeze in? Thanks! :flame:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You should send them a thank you note for not cluttering up your mailbox with that junk ;)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i still get mine, the cat loves to sit her arse on a nice fresh MXA!:)

TWMX is good, lots more hotties in there!;)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I used to get MXA subscriptions as gifts. In 12 months I would typically get only 2 issues. Not that it bothered me much. I just thought it sucked that people would spend money on it for me, and I'd get nothing in return. Of course, they had actually sent me the magazines I'd still be getting next-to-nothing.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Must have been picked up by the Postal Services new junk mail reduction program.

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I knew the magazine wasn't liked in here, but WOW!! :eek:

I actually recieved DirtRider a little early this past month. TWMX and RacerX are also a couple of good magazines. I may have to swap a mag out some day. :thumb:

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I've never understood the MXA anti view here. I understand that they do mess up and write alot of false infomation, but there ads are second to none.

Erik

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by bedell99
I've never understood the MXA anti view here. I understand that they do mess up and write alot of false infomation,

Yeah I can't imagine why anyone would take issue with a magazine doing that. :scream:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So was Rich.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I haven't gotten mine either.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I haven't recieved my April issue of RacerX yet, I'm starting to wonder what happened. MXA is a waste of paper, TWMX and Racer X are the only two decent mags out there.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
I think it's funny that if a magazine doesn't arrive more than a month before it's "issue date" it's considered late... shouldn't the APRIL issue cover the events in April and come out early May?? I guess I'll never understand marketing...

MX145

Dec 29, 2001
Crazy Marketing - Ford is known for releasing their models early as well. I don't understand, other than that I guess the current product isn't doing that well and they are trying to realease something newer & better ??? You could probably check out your local newspaper ads & find a advertisement for a 2013 FORD. (LOL !!) I may be looking at one soon though. : ]

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by MX145
I don't understand, other than that I guess the current product isn't doing that well and they are trying to realease something newer & better ???
If that's the case all you MXA folks better check the YEAR on your covers and hope it say "3003"

hensTyme

Mar 9, 2003
i got mine and i dont like this magazine. im a yamaha guy i wear a yamaha hat everyday and most everything i have is yamaha but I hate the fact that MXA has nothing bad to say abotu yamaha!!!!!!! i saw the jetting specs in april and alomst every other bike has jetting changes except the yamaha line up!! is yamaha that perfect?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Just got mine on Saturday.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Dirt Rider, and Racer X...........thats all I'm really interested in. MXA does put some bull:eek: in their mags, and I'm just not really to into TWMX. It just has to much Freestyle stuff in it. Thats as far as I'm going w/that though cause I'm not gonna start another flame debate on FMX. Trailrider seems pretty good, but is that a every 6months mag? The walmart near my house has had the same issue on the shelf for a whhhiiiillleeee......:think:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I read RacerX, TWMX, DirtRider AND MXA and I like them all. Some are better for "information" and some are better for just "relaxed reading" They all talk about dirt bikes so no matter what they are better than TwinSpars "Soccer Mom Monthly" Magazine.

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
hens Tyme - yes Yamaha is perfect to MXA because they're paid not to see obvious shortcomings we see. I canceled my subscription a while back insupport of Suzuki's position to break off diplomatic relations with MXA over blatent anti-Suzuki material. And no, I don't own a Suzuki and haven't in 25 years. I just thought MXA was unfair - testing and then criticizing the DRZ 400 as a MX bike (despite Suzuki's clarifications to MXA) just didn't sit well with me.

Justifying purchasing MXA because of its ads is crazy. If you want to see ads, why pay for them? Just get on the internet and find the suppliers you are interested in.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
All in all I think if your reading a mag for lack of politics you might as well just not read any of them. Just like us "average joes" testers have biased opinions of bikes and equipment. And I'm not pointing fingers because I have no proof, but I find it hard to believe that any of the mags out aren't getting some sort of financial backing from the factories. If you think about it it makes perfect sense that some mags will praise certain brands more than others. For Tommyguns example if Yamaha was indeed paying your mag. a generous amount of money for ads in your magazine, are you really gonna bash their bike if they have prob/flaws as quickly as you would another manufacturer who's shelling out less money? Just to stop blabbering and get my point out all the mags in my opinion(and it IS just that .....my opinion) all the mags are biased and gonna hype up some brands more than others. It all boils down to the all mighty dollar. If you want race results, latest news,and interviews by all means read the mags. If you want unbiased reviews of bikes and products ask your buddy if you can try out his bike/product....that will give you a much more honest answer than some of the mags out there. And I know that MXA is definately the punching bag around here and as I stated above I'm not crazy about them either, but just take whatever information/crap (however you wish to view it :) ) w/ a grain of salt. I guess that was more like my .06 than my .02 but there ya go. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom