Petzl

Nov 22, 2002
I seem to remember the great DRN dogpile onto MXA when CRF first came out. At that time, most everybody here tore them a new one for suggesting that Honda needed to steepen the fork angle with new triple clamps. Lo and behold Honda goes and steepens the front end geometery in the next year, exactly what MXA suggested.

MXA may make mistakes in its issues but DRN is not without fault either.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Petzl its not the creditable information that MXA puts out that we all have a problem w/, its all the BS and other crap that they try to tell everyone. If you search back a couple of posts you'll see that some of the guys here believe that at one time the MXA folks were fairly sharp and actually put out acurate info.(although I think Rich will probably say they never had much bright to say.....:laugh: ) I don't know what goes on in MXA's camp nor do I really care its just a matter of that I have read their mag acouple of times and find it very bland, kinda boring, and finally find that even w/my lack of technical expertice I can pick bs information from their articles left and right. Yes its just our opinion, but this is a forum, and thats what forums are for. We're intitled to ours just as much as you are yours.

Last edited:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by flynbryan
...but I find it hard to believe that any of the mags out aren't getting some sort of financial backing from the factories.
Until the time when people started saying the same about the opinions of DRN staff and the tests we have done I thought the same.

Things are not always what they seem from the outside looking in. I am not defending any magazine here because frankly I have no idea what goes on inside their world. Yes I do care that the information is true and accurate but I am not qualified to call them liars or prejudicial. The wake up call for me was being called the same about the Asterisk braces. I gave my honest opinion and got bashed for it, some even told me i was on their pay roll. The experience was quite an eye opener.

So MXA gives preferencial treatment to big advertisers and we say they are bias but when they give a good review of MX-Tech suspension (who spends nowhere near the amount the big guys do) we praise them and say "they finally got one right" What gives with that? :think:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
While we're on the topic of human waste, where's Tim Olson been? ;)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Hi everyone. My name is VintageDirt. . .and. . .I subscribe to MXA, I read it, and. . .uhh. . .well. . .er. . .I like it. But I think they [MXA] want us to hate them.

The thing is, MXA does those one-page vintage bike stories. How can you not like that? My reality is this, I don't much read modern bike tests any more, especially 125 MXers and most certainly minis. I may buy a used one in the next year or so but by that time all of the internet boards have posted all the "truth."

After my last post on MXA, I promised myself I would never comment on them again. What a liar I turned out to be.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Vintage Dirt.....if you want to read about when bikes had real seats in any colour as long as it was black......try VMX...not MXA.....now thats good bog reading material.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by 2smoke
Vintage Dirt.....if you want to read about when bikes had real seats in any colour as long as it was black......try VMX...not MXA.....now thats good bog reading material.
You are correct 2smoke, and I've got all the VMX mags in a nice safe pile out in the garage. I'm just wondering why no one has mentioned the Super Hunky story in issue #18. :)

Top Bottom