fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I know we are all preparing for the Roselawn weekend.

Believe it or not, we got some work done on the Arbor Day event this past weekend - not a lot due to snow. However, we did scout about 9 miles of the event using a utility vehicle - thanks to Don Marsh and Levi Dunn for the help. I also stopped by a few of the local establishments (gas, food, ORV stickers, etc...) to get contact information for a "need to know" page for this event. We will be having a work weekend for this event on April 19 and 20. All are welcome!!

I will have pre-entries for the Arbor Day event at Roselawn if you would like to reserve a row and enjoy a smaller line at sign up. We will also be doing a 50/50 drawing at each event. We are still working on the bike raffle, but the tickets are not approved yet.

If you have any questions about the Arbor Day Enduro, let me know. We will have an enduro school at noon (before the riders meeting).

Do not forget about the tree planting on Sunday, April 27th.

Mike

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Of all of the times to not have a camera.......... seeing F&S "sporting a quad"
I think he was really digging it or maybe that was just the snow under the wheels.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Of all of the times to not have a camera.......... seeing F&S "sporting a quad"
I think he was really digging it or maybe that was just the snow under the wheels.

A picture of Kwadzilla would have been priceless. :p
Mike where are you staying the "work weekend" ? At the clubgrounds?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I do not plan to stay at the clubgrounds until May. I will either be in Kalkaska or East Jordan. The bed and breakfast experience works for me.
I was impressed that the utility vehicle could haul my azz around. However, when the snow got deeper it was time to quit.
Weather.com says it is raining in Kalkaska - I HOPE SO!!!!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
No rain YET! Sunny & dry.

Kzoo

Mar 26, 2004
Well, it is hard to say with the snow. It is questionable if there would be snow at race time. I will bet there will be some in the woods still. I remember purchasing my cabin in late May and still having snow and a skim of ice on the lakes.

The new trees will be just happy to have a home. I plan on helping this year.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Kzoo- I have your number on my desk at home and was planning to call you to see if you were riding or able to help out. If you can help out on the 19th or 20th, let me know. Maybe we will see you at Roselawn this weekend?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
There is a group getting together at 9:00 on Saturday morning to work on this event. We are meeting on the corner of Blue Lake Rd. and 612. I am sure we will be working on Sunday also if you would like to join us. If you have never worked on an enduro and would like to help out, let me know.
Mike

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Dang Mike, I really wanted to help you out with some trail work, but I was planning on going down to St. Johns and getting my camper out on Saturday, so we have somewhere to stay the following weekend. You gonna take any time off later next week to finish things up or do you plan on getting it all done this weekend?

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Mike,
We rode Grand Traverse tonight and the snow was gone, gone, gone. Not a trace, actually a bit dusty. May be a little left in Kasky but not by raceday. Worry about details, but check snow off the list. :cool:

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Mike Jr. here....staying with my dad (Circuitrider) tonight. Two days of work and this race is ready to go. Thanks to all that helped out. Should be a 26 mile loop - with a few enduro surprises. If you can not make 26 miles, a gas available spot is close to the staging area.
See everyone next weekend!
fatherandson

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Please do not forget the Tree Planting event on Sunday morning. We should be done by noon and have time for a MTR "party" = take down the Arbor Day arrows.
Last year we had 10 people and it went quickly. We were able to donate the slightly used arrows to Camp Choas, but I understand the Counselor can not make it on Sunday.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
Mike,
I got two more for you, one for sure maybe two, as long as I can find someone to follow Justin so I can ride buddy with Cory. But I'll probably just wait in line to pay you. See you all this weekend.

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
Mike, are we past the point of pre-entry for this weekend? If not, who do I expedite the froms / fees to if I get it out today?

BTW: myself and my two boys will be helping with the tree planting on Sunday. :rotfl:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
MK - I think the Counselor was planning to help out based on an email conversation. We are using his generator at the scoring table.
Greg- I got two entries yesterday and I am expecting a couple by tomorrow. I am leaving on Friday morning to head to the staging area. It is my address on the entry form - Midland to Williamston should not take more than two days by mail. I will leave it up to you if U.S. Postal Service is not your preferred method. My wife is home during the day if you choose a different delivery service, but it should not be necessary.

GregB

Aug 22, 2005
OK. Thanks Mike. I've got the form in hand and mailing out over the lunch hour, so count on having three more pre-entries in your hand by Thursday. Glad to see a later Key tme for this event. See you at the staging area in Kalkasker... :ride:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Here is the need to know info for this weekend. I need some assistance in attaching the route sheet - the document is too large. I have taken some information off the original document, but I can not make it small enough. The route sheet will be on the D14 and Midwestenduro website later today.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• ARBOR DAY Need to Know.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 167

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I looked at the route sheet. I think I will be dead after this ride. 49.4 total ground miles. I think this is the longest FES I have ever competed in, but I think I am ready. That KTM seat better get soft by this weekend. Truly, I am looking forward to a long ride. Hopefully, I will not have leg cramps this time.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The first 3.5 miles will be on a two track and final .5 is also cruising down a two track. There will be challenges along the way, but to make the course any shorter would have taken out the enduro sections (and LuLu's Logs).
I do understand that it is a long course, but I could not use the trail from last year due to logging activities.
I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys the enduro experience!!

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Mike, I think that it is probably easier than Roselawn a couple of weeks ago. It is just longer saddle time. 18 mph section should be easier to obtain due to the ORV trails. It will seem longer but I think that everyone will have a great time.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
bruno670 said:
Mike, I think that it is probably easier than Roselawn a couple of weeks ago. It is just longer saddle time. 18 mph section should be easier to obtain due to the ORV trails. It will seem longer but I think that everyone will have a great time.

Thanks Bruno. I was concerned that people were getting worried about the length of the event. I heard similar comments from a few other people. Your comparison to Roselawn makes me feel better. I can guarantee that there will be NO mud, dusty maybe, but no mud.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
I am positive it will be easier than Roselawn. I just hope LULU's logs are not to scary for LULU. After Roselawn a couple weeks ago, I do not want to see anymore logs.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
WR, I stopped last night & piled up some more logs.................on Bruno's instructions of course! :nener:

Just gas that 300 and hop over them, the largest one is ony 12" tall. :ride:

Kalkaska's
Team
Marsh

Top Bottom