Arbor Day Family Enduro and 9th Annual Tree planting!

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arbor Day Enduro and Tree Planting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that everyone has April 27 and 28 on their calendars to be in Kalkaska for these events. We are working on the flyers and press releases to provide additional information.

Mike was in the area last week and found the woods full of snow. Most years we are marking trail in the snow and ice.
This year will be no different.

If you are interested in helping with the preparation for the enduro, please let Mike Mauer .

The tree planting location will be announced soon and we will meet at the Fair Grounds on Sunday morning. AMA District 14 and MORE will be sponsoring the event in conjunction with the DNR, LMC and CCC. Please give him a call with any questions about this event.

Looking forward to the 2013 enduro season!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The woods are still full of snow (6-12 inches), but we had a good planning meeting with the DNR in Kalkaska last week. We grabbed our GPS units and the snow shoes and went for a walk. We have a couple of new sections for the Arbor Day event and we got a lot of scouting done on Saturday.

We are changing starting locations to the Snow Packers snowmobile parking lot on Island Lake Rd. - southside of Kalkaska (near the airport). Yes, there is an airport in Kalkaska.

If you are interested in helping at this event, please let me know. We are in need of check crews and road crossing guards.

Please plan to camp at this event - plenty of room and we are working to enhance the enduro experience - trying to plan a movie night to go along with the Trout Festival events in Kalkaska.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks Bill.

You can see the lot on the southside of the road. It is not a current picture because there is not enough white stuff on the ground. Rain this weekend will help to melt that stuff...refusing to say the "s" word.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We will be working to clear trail this weekend. If anyone is interested in helping out, let me know. Thanks to Twin Bay Trail Riders our check crews are nearly complete, but we still need some help with road crossings.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks to the Kalkaska Trail Masters (KTM) A LOT of work was done on the Arbor Day event this past weekend. Thanks to Jeff, John, Bob and Rob! Yes, there is still snow in the woods, but it is melting fast.

We will finish up the mileaging of the event on Thursday. The loop may be close to 20 miles long.

Today is the last day to pre register, but plenty of spots will be available on the Saturday morning.

See you in Kalkaksa this weekend and do not forget the tree planting on Sunday morning.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We had a great weekend in Kalkaska. The weather was better than expected and so was the turnout. We had 193 riders and the parking lot was full. For many people it was the first time they had ridden their bikes this year and there were a lot of smiling faces at the trophy presentation.
The snow melted and in some areas there was dust. Over 60% of the 19 mile loop was brand new trail. Thanks to the trail crew as motorcycle tires did not touch dirt until Tuesday. Most of the trail marking and trimming was done on foot while walking on top of the snow.
A special thank you to the clubs who helped out on this event. Lansing MC, Valley Trail Riders and Twin Bay Trail Riders all provided help with layout or check crews. Most of the check crews put on their riding gear and rode "sweep". I think we had 10-15 guys riding sweep.
We had an enduro first at this event. I have seen check crews bring their meals or cook their meals at their check location, but I have never seen a check crew order a pizza and have it delivered to the woods. Team Taco Bell did it on Saturday. I have been told there are pictures on ****book to prove it. NICE!!
We planted 4,000 pine trees and 500 acorns on Sunday. We had perfect temperature for the 35 of us who spent their morning giving back to the environment.

Top Bottom