fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We had a good meeting with the DNR related to this event. Unfortunately, we were not able to get much trail work done due to the amount of snow in the woods. We are hoping the warmer temperatures and rain will melt the white stuff.

We will try again next weekend. If anyone would like to help out, we are meeting at at 9:00 next Saturday at the park n ride on the north side of town (across the street from the fairgrounds).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Just got a snow report and most of it has melted. We should have 5-10 people there on Saturday to help out on the trail.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Thanks to all that helped out on Saturday - Mr. Marsh, Silver, Andi and Rob from Capture Me Photography, Mr. G - the mayor of TC, John Spence, and Tom Dunn. We will have no problem finishing up the work in two weeks (headed to Roselawn next weekend).
I appreciate your help.

Mike

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
No problem, fun stuff getting it ready. Just seeing smiles race day makes it all worth it!!!!!Just wish the snow was all gone then. I will check it today, should me mostly gone by now after the rain.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We are going to try to complete the trail work this weekend. I realize it is Easter weekend. I will be there on Friday and Saturday morning, but I need to return to the Lansing area on Saturday afternoon.
I also realize that this area has some fresh snow. NICE!

Mike

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
pray for a warm day tomorrow Mike

The latest snowfall reports from The National Weather Service in Gaylord, MI: near Lake Leelanau, 9.0"... Maple City, 8.0"... 5 miles southwest of Lachine, 8.0"... near Interlochen, 8.0"... 5 miles southeast of Mancelona, 8.0"... Grawn, 7.9"... 9 miles west of Traverse City, 7.8"... near Lake Ann, 7.8"... Alpena, 7.6"... 7 miles west of Gaylord, 7.3"... 4 miles east of Honor, 7.0"... Lovells, 7.0"... Hillman, 7.0"... 4 miles east of Traverse City, 6.5"... 9 miles southwest of Gaylord, 6.0"... near Ellsworth, 5.6"... near Cheboygan, 5.5"... 11 miles north of Lake City, 5.2"... 5 miles west of Roscommon, 4.8"... Houghton Lake, 4.7"... Indian River, 4.6"... Alba, 4.0"... Lupton, 4.0"... near Cadillac, 3.7"... 5 miles southwest of Lake City, 3.7"... near Gaylord, up to 7.5"... near Suttons Bay, up to 9.8"... Higgins Lake, up to 4.5"... Charlevoix, up to 5.8".

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The trail work is completed. I was working on the route sheet last night. The loop is longer this year, but everyone should have a good time.
We are still looking for more volunteers to work a check or road crossing. Let me know if you are available.

Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TJ,
That would be great!! Let me know if you have others who can help or if it is just you.
Let you mom know that Don removed all of the logs...well, at least most of them.

Mike

roy323

Dec 8, 2010
check helpers

Hey Mike:
if we can make it up my wife can help out if your short on helpers still, I could help with the second 1/2 or sweeping, I'd like do the buddy class with my daughter early although I'm not sure how long she'll make it. it would be her longest ride for sure !! otherwise best of luck and keep up the good work., so do i need to mount the studs back up??? or is the snow gone?

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mike after you left I took the chain saw and put some additional obstacles in the way just to chalange the mini's & Woman Rider........ :ride:
Jim, as of now the snow is gone but the course may float away with all of the rain. :yikes:
If you chose to miss this one you will be missing out on an EPIC race. The course should be fun. :cool:

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Don Marsh said:
Mike after you left I took the chain saw and put some additional obstacles in the way just to challenge the mini's & Woman Rider........ :ride:

And here I thought you would still be tired from doing that in Indy. ;)

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Rose-log took allot more planning! Jeff Fredette's evil laugh was insperation........ :p :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike
My check team will be only 3 of us that I know of. Me, Nate and Rooster. The rest of the team will be drinking heavily. :whoa:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We always get the Saturday morning volunteers. I was hoping to have the crews set before Friday, but we can always adjust on the run.
We did make some adjustments to the course from last year, but it will be family friendly. I have a meeting on Sunday afternoon (AFTER THE TREE PLANTING!) to begin discussions about next year.
I look forward to seeing everyone in Kalkaska on Saturday!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Don Marsh said:
Mike after you left I took the chain saw and put some additional obstacles in the way just to chalange the mini's & Woman Rider........

Then, I expect you out there with a blow dryer Saturday morning. Logs must be dry. Also, please stake them so they do not move. BTW, pavement would be great too.

See everyone there.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
WomanRider said:
Then, I expect you out there with a blow dryer Saturday morning. Logs must be dry. Also, please stake them so they do not move. BTW, pavement would be great too.

See everyone there.

Blow dryer won't work, he oiled them.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
It won't be dusty.......

Top Bottom