KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
My wife drove an old 86 Cadillac Sedan Deville for 6 years. Nothing EVER happened to that car. Then in September, we bought a cherry 99 Chevy Tahoe LT for her to drive. Leather, not a scratch, loaded. We didn't even have it a week and some old lady who was high on meds plowed into the drivers side of it and did almost $3,000 in damage. She had insurance so she was allowed to live. It took about three weeks to fix it and we got it back around the 1st of November. Then yesterday, the same damn thing happened. A crazy azz old lady came flying out of a parking spot and smashed up the drivers side again! She was so messed up on meds, that she didn't even realize she had ran into my wife. My wife chased her down and got her tag and description and the cops eventually caught up to her. I don't think she has any insurance. The cop said she was totally out of it. They're going to take her drivers license away. Anyways, nothing ever happens to my POS S-10 with 200,000 miles on it. Not even a door ding. But our big expensive vehicle sure seems to be a target for old people! They'll probably have to replace both doors again. It's crazy. Last spring, a friend of mine was out riding his road bike and an old lady who was high on meds rad a stop sign and hit him about 50 mph. He barely lived through it and still isn't right. Anyways, I'm just venting about these old hags who are out driving around doing damage and killing people because they're too stubborn to give up driving. Matt

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
do you live near a retirement community or something? Obviously these doctors need to monitor these ladies meds a little better.....For a minute I thought you were writing from Florida where so many old people live....

note to self....don't move or drive in OKcityOK....

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I had a simular thing happen to me but less dramatic... I had a work van for years never bumped into anything never a real problem... It had 115,000 miles and was starting to fall apart... So my work got me something else, an 05 Van... Brand spanking new... Not half way into the first tank of gas and some guy rear-ends me fumbling for his cell phone...

Vampyrz

Oct 21, 2004
I've come to believe that any new vehicle comes with an invisible target. Keeping your car washed and waxed seems to have the same effect. I rarely wash or clean out ours anymore. Seems that an "uncared for" vehicle seems more threatening and a less inviting target. Maybe people are afraid of what (or who) will come out of it should they run into it.

At least that's the excuse I give the warden for not taking better care of our rides! :laugh:

Oct 10, 2004
this month I go t a mint 99 chve 1500 pickup and my mom got a new pontiac vibe within 1 week someone drew in the dust on my hood scratching it and my moms car got keyed and hit by a door in a parking lot. Until this month we havent had a car made in the last 14 years and nothing ever happened to the jeep or old F-150.

dom

Dec 31, 2001
I bought a '04 frontier (first new car ever) 3 weeks ago and someone smacked into it in the parking garage. Just a dent a scrape and the estimate is $775. At least they left a note and payed for it.

Top Bottom