Are old KTM parts really scarce??

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I am looking for a source of parts for a 1989 KTM 250. The cross country version. I need to find a 67.5mm piston and a short seat. NO one around here ( Colorado ) has a clue where to find this stuff for older KTM's. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance.:(

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Try H&H KTM in Georgia. They are supposed to have a good stock of older parts. Sorry I don't have the number handy, someone will I'm sure.

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
ktm parts are kinda scarce because aftermarket companies just didn't make parts for them. ktm were enduro bikes much like gas gas are now, and only a few people run them so there was no demand. i got parts for my 94' through White Brothers and after a quick glance throught the catalog i can honestly say your going to have a tough time. it seems the cutoff line for ktm parts was 1990, they don't seem to have anything after that. ALthough you said you needed a 67.5mm piston, well that is the size for the 1990 exc/sx 250 from Vertex Pistons. ANyway, give up trying to find OEM parts and try to find aftermarket.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
It is a long shot, but try Helmut Clasen in Ontario Canada. He has been a KTM only dealer for approx 20 yrs and was the distributor in Canada for several years. He has a good selection of obscure KTM parts. I know he has dealers from all over Canada buying parts from him. hecla@sympatico.ca is his email. I know he on holidays this week but try his email.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Thanks guys! Found the stuff at Mikes Cycles..

1-800-367-5209

They had them in stock and were willing to overnight the piston.

Turns out there were two sizes of 67.5 pistons. A no. 1 and No. 2 just a tolerance thing. Mikes have BOTH in stock.

Nice folks as well.

Thanks for the help.:)

pkt2002

Oct 19, 2009
weimedog said:
I am looking for a source of parts for a 1989 KTM 250. The cross country version. I need to find a 67.5mm piston and a short seat. NO one around here ( Colorado ) has a clue where to find this stuff for older KTM's. Any idea's?

Thanks in advance.:(
Try Denny at Seven4Racing. He can probably help w/piston.Ktm america also known as holeshot has old stuff if you have access to part #s.Good luck

1SWEETYZ

Aug 18, 2009
scottyr said:
It is a long shot, but try Helmut Clasen in Ontario Canada. He has been a KTM only dealer for approx 20 yrs and was the distributor in Canada for several years. He has a good selection of obscure KTM parts. I know he has dealers from all over Canada buying parts from him. hecla@sympatico.ca is his email. I know he on holidays this week but try his email.

He is the man to deal with old ktm's, he is the GURU :cool:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
pkt2002 said:
Try Denny at Seven4Racing. He can probably help w/piston.Ktm america also known as holeshot has old stuff if you have access to part #s.Good luck

I posted that year 2000! That KTM250 moved with me from Colorado to CNY for one of my boys. It didn't last a week before toasting. CDI went to full advance and it kept starting backwards and when bumped forwards...finally stuck. I traded it away for..I forgot what...something.

Now I have a 1979 420 KTM MC80 and parts are ebay only finds. I have collected three carcasses and have one bike running in solid condition.

Top Bottom