Are they still making KDX's new?

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Hi there all,

I'm back to the Enduro world after a break of nearly 6 years....I sold the 220SR I had and bought a CR-125 which put me straight into hospital after only 30 minutes for 4 long painful days with a set of broken fingers, torn rib muscles (the stuff we eat when we order chinese spare ribs, not mine the porkers!) and a 'bruised' spleen all of which still twinges to this day :ahhh: ...my own fault didn't set the bike up, the brake lever was set too high and I locked the rear wheel up on a big jump and I nose dived into terra firma like a scud on heat...yes, I know there is a lesson to be learnt there somewhere!
Anyway, I just bought myself another 'as new '03 220R...a 'no brainer' for me as it still seems to be best all rounder but just had a thought...... do Kawasaki still sell KDX's new, if so, are they only for the US market, anyone know? I have seen a few other '03 models over here in England but my '03 must have been bound for the US originally as it has the single filament rear bulb, I believe the euro' and japanese models had a twin filament bulb...I sound like a KDX 'anorak' already!

cheers for now

Richard

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
Hey, can you buy it for me and I pay Ya back latter? ...I promise... cuz thats a good price!! Please
Please come on please please, I really need it. ... oh man Im turning into my kids

Jan 16, 2005
ridejunky said:
Hey, can you buy it for me and I pay Ya back latter? ...I promise... cuz thats a good price!! Please
Please come on please please, I really need it. ... oh man Im turning into my kids

And I'm getting ready to have my first kid which is why there would be hell to pay by the little woman if I bought another :think:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

You can't get a new KDX in Canada anymore....we could only get the 220's in the first place and now they quit making them. I was so sad when I found out they weren't making them anymore.

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Is my 220 going to become a collectors item now? If anyone wants one in almost new shape I sell it to you for $10,000 US. Has new tires and all the parts for a fresh topend.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
rubbersidedown said:
And I'm getting ready to have my first kid which is why there would be hell to pay by the little woman if I bought another :think:
Tell her you're buying for the kid :nod:

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Cheers the response...best take good care of my 220R then!

So no more KDX's then that's real a shame....I sure don't fancy a KLX-300 if I ever saw fit to renew her....anyone know of any plans for a 4 stroke KDX-220R...a KLX-220R!?!

Seriously, doesn't this leave one huge gap for Kawasaki, that the others are filling (or trying to) and a hole for anyone who just likes the merits of the KDX type ride...the marketing guys at Kawasaki have dropped the ball here haven't they or were last year sales a little lame?

thanks

Richard

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
australia is no longer getting any KDX's as of last year, only 2nd handys now.....such a shame now I will have to keep my 98 200 for ever.....shame really..........NOT

Top Bottom