Are you a member of the Broken Collarbone Club?

Are you a member of the Broken Collarbone Club?

• Yes - broke it while riding

Votes: 308 36.3%
  • Yes - but not related to riding

Votes: 65 7.7%
  • No - but broke another bone(s) while riding

Votes: 126 14.8%
  • No - but broke another bone(s) not related to riding

Votes: 108 12.7%
  • Never broken a bone (knock on wood!)

Votes: 242 28.5%

• Total voters

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I am guessing a broken collarbone has to be the most "popular" dirtbiking injury... so I just wanted to post a little poll to see how true it is. Amazing it only takes something like 12 lbs of pressure to break your collarbone. Red and I are both members of the "club" of course. :debil:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I've only broken 2 bones in 39 years...

Both times it was a collarbone.

Both times it was the same side.

Both times riding dirt bikes.

20 years apart....

High up on my list of "Never want to do that again!"

B

biglou

Oh, right! Like I'm gonna say "No". I might as well throw myself collarbone first down a flight of stairs. :p :laugh:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sissies! :confused:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I streched out my ring finger past my middle finger with a door when I was younger. As far as riding goes, I'm great at crashing but so far I haven't broken any bones.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Most of my broken bones came from an assortment of bicycle racing crashes.

One Collar bone, five ribs, four fingers, right hand broken twice, one concussion, one cervical compression and about 4 square feet of scar tissue. :eek:
Last time I checked there was still bits of my blood and skin clinging to the surface of the Northbrook Velodrome. :scream:

I had to start riding dirtbikes again just to stay healthy :)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
No Colar bone breaks yet...

2-ribs at MWSF '00

1-rib about 2 years before that in a tubing crash at the lake.

B

biglou

Originally posted by nikki
Sissies! :confused:
Alright! I voted. But I swear, if I break my collarbone this weekend, the monkey will be calling you at the most inopportune times you can imagine...

"EEE-EEE-EEE-EEE-EEE" :moon:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Yep! Doesn't take much of a crash, either.

Not while riding- arm 2X, collar bone.

While riding-each leg, collar bone, ribs.
My bones are obviously faulty.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
left collarbone.... 3 times
right collarbone.... 2 times
& a whole bucket full of other bones broken... :ugg:

All done ('cept one horse riding incident) in motorcycle related incidents.... Most were done back when I road raced.

I really love riding motorcycles......just wish I knew how. ;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Myself, the kid and Dilbert all are on the dirtbike related list.
Collarbone was one of the last bones I had not already broken so I guess it was time due in July:(
The kid has broken 3 arms snowboarding and collarbone MXing. He has also broken fingers riding
Dilbert broke his collarbone and 2 ribs at DW03

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Right arm, both bones, in half, 2 Ti plates, 12 screws, awesome scars, and left wrist, 3 places, same time, same place, BMXing, whole lot of morephine, lots of drugged up nintendo time.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Nikki - i voted.&nbsp; Now what do i do?&nbsp; Sit back and count the days until i break a collar bone?&nbsp; I've broke others and my boss at work asks me everytime he sees me (which is about every three months) "so...have you or Wendy &nbsp;broken your collar bone yet?"

somehow after voting i now feel cursed!! :|

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I know four of my riding friends who have broken their collar bones in the last year. Oh, wait, I counted Mick twice... :)

Tommy O.

Mar 26, 2002
Riding related- 1 thumb, 2 fingers, 3 ribs cracked, 1 front tooth, and most recently shattered lower half of knee and tibia (9/20/03). Nonriding- Both collarbones two different times wrestling, 3 fingers at work, and nose while waterskiing.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I broke my collar bone while acting liek I knew how to ride on a motorcross track, the first time I ever met a group of fellow DRNer's. It was completely embarassing

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
does falling off a horse count !? :eek: :) - yup, broke my right collarbone going full tilt on one of the motorbikes without brakes !!! :)

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Collarbone, no, 2 ribs, both little fingers, (at the same time, no less ) left hand twice, ( 2 different bones) are we counting ligament and soft tissue damage? I have to paraphrase Farmer John, i REALLY love this MX stuff, wish I could do it. :eek: (BTW I am almost sure I'll do a callarbone this weekend now, shouldn't have voted)

drzgod

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2002
Collar Bone, Pinky finger and left tibia all at once when I was 16. Never had a broken bone since (now 44,) knock wood. Did tear my MCL earlier this year though.

jeffroe996

Nov 4, 2003
Riding related:

* Left collarbone (is now plated with 7 screws)
* Right tibia, compound (now includes zimmer tibial nail in it with 6 screws)
* Right fibula, compound
* Right foot, Head of the first metatarsal (had 4 pins to repair, but they took 'em out)
* Right hand, second, fourth and fifth metacarpals
* Couple of ribs

Not riding related:
* Right foot, fifth meta carpal...broking hiking in a park...who says motorcycles are the only dangerous thing in life?

Pictures of broken things here:

http://discord.dyndns.org/gallery/TrackPics/injuries/

Top Bottom