fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I know it is late notice, but anyone interested in going to the Arenacross at Van Andel in Grand Rapids after the first of the year?

Last year a group of DRNers met at the B.O.B. for dinner and watched the races.  If you are interesed, let me know if Friday or Saturday work better for you.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
My sister got my Dad tickets for Saturday. I think that were are sitting in section R but I'm not for sure.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TD, check out the tickets.  VanAndel Arena does the section by number.  Last year we sat in sections 222 and 223.  I think the upper bowl is the best viewing for this event.  The rows are listed by letters.

Let me know where you are sitting.  I am willing to pick up some tickets at Marshall Fields if others are interested.  Dinner in GR???

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
We are sitting in:
sect: 109
Row: R
Seats: 19-22 A

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
A few of us from Mid Michigan are planning to attend on Saturday night.  We will be eating dinner in GR at 5:00.  Ticket info to follow.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I was pretty impressed - Rocky Mountain ATV sent me two free tickets to the Arenacross for Friday night. When I mail order, it's usually from them - they're really great people!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I picked up four tickets for Saturday night.  Section 209 row F.  We are planning to meet the Dixon family for dinner before the races. 

Looking forward to it!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Eight of us met in Grand Rapids on Saturday night to watch the Arenacross races.  Tom Dixon, his dad, sister and her SO met Napper, two guys from the shop and I for dinner at the BOB.  We had good food and experimented with the micro brews.  Napper drank one that was so dark that it turned his goatee BLACK.

Watching Arenacross reminds me a lot of watch hockey.  The field is the same size and it is nice to see who wins, BUT you are really watching for the carnage (fights in hockey = crashes in arenacross).  We had our fair share of carnage.

The highlight of the racing was wtching the kid on the SX 65 who not only cleared the double jump, but ALSO the stadium jump.  He cleared it 5 of the 7 laps and never crashed, but he came very close a couple of times.

Good to see everyone again!!

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
It was a good time. The BOB is pretty cool, decent food and great scenery. :thumb: ;) Many more crashes than SX. That kid on the 65 was awesome!!!! I wsa just waiting for the small triple at the end of the rythm to be conquered! To top it off he rode a wheelie across the finish line!!!! It must have been that sweet KTM that he was torquing on!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
That kid's mom cuts my hair (Vicki), and they live about two miles away. I was just in there last night and we were talking about his jumps. He's been racing for quite awhile, and gets great practice time - they've got a big motocross track in their yard! The neat thing is the kid is very smart, and does really good in school. :thumb:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Mark,

The couple who sat in front of us on Saturday looked familiar.  It was the husband and wife who went riding with us and Sheryl.  I do not remember their names, but they were members of the Muskegon Motorcycle club.  Kinda amazing...that many seats and they are sitting a row away.

Mike

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Mike, it's a small world isn't it? I can't remember both of their names, but her name is Theresa. She started riding MX this past summer, and I understand is doing pretty good!

Sheryl's manager still send me e-mail on her concerts in the area. Think we should invite her to a Trailfest? ;)

Top Bottom