MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Anyone riding in AR this weekend ?Western Ar? Maybe Mena, Lake Greeson.....any other ideas ? Ridden Mena once and would like to try Lake Greeson... ?

okie426

Dec 27, 2000
greeson ?

What's Greeson Like?

That's not too far for me. Durant, OK. Is it dual sport or all off road? I don't have any street legal rides, but, would like to ride some new places.

Okie426

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Yea Greeson isnt too far from you, From what Ive heard its a 37 mile out and back .....singletrack...I hope ........up and down about a 1/4 around the lake (rumor has it that you can connect Greeson to Wolf pen gap.....but thats out :)

Oh yea dirt only ....might be Saturday for us ......4 hour drive....friday nite.... They do have some trails open at wolf pen gap too......where else to ride ? Do you ride the paper forest ?

okie426

Dec 27, 2000
Yeah i've ridden the Weyerhauser land. The stuff I found was mostly logging roads and stuff. I didn't find many good trails. Let me know how it was at Greeson? We, and probably, they just got a lot of rain.

:cool:

stevenb8

Mar 31, 2000
how many tracks are there in arkansas? The reason I ask is my farther in law want to know if I want to relocate out there and open up a new track. He lives in jacksonville we are not sure where exactly but probally near benton/searcy/jacksonville. I also looked around and found no dirt bike shops and retailers besides dealerships.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
mxstates.com indicates that there are 16 tracks in arkansas but it doesn't list them. i kinda doubt that there are that many. i race in western arkansas fairly often and i can only think of one track that i've heard of in the area you mentioned. it's in pine bluff. i don't get that far east anymore. there used to be an awesome track in north little rock at burns park but it is gone now.

BentRenthal

Dec 2, 2000
Arkansas

Actually there is a track in Sherwood, which is about 5 miles down the freeway from Jacksonville. I, however would never be opposed to seeing a new track go up in this area.

stevenb8

Mar 31, 2000
I have ridden the one in sherwood but they dont hold races very often from what I understand there is also not a motorcycle parts house around that area except for the dealerships. My fater in law found some land and we are thinking of purchasing some land, and opening a shop at the same location.

Another idea we had was a speed shop and what what I understand there are no performance shops in that area also. We were thinking if possible of combining both. I have to find out if there is a need for both. I am going this weekend to check on some property and talk to some people to find out if there is a market for this.

Any help or ideas?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Steven,
Check out this website.

www.dirtbikemike.com

Mike does a lot for motocross in Arkansas. Especially in central Arkansas. He maybe a resource that can help you out.

Sawblade

stevenb8

Mar 31, 2000
Yes I did make the trip and it does appear that the prices for land are very fair and within the budget I planned but still checking and talking to others to find out if there is a need for another track and what type of supports I can get from fellow riders out there.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Steven,
Any more work on your possible move to Arkansas. Check your PM for a message I sent you.

Regards,
Sawblade

Top Bottom