Arkansas puts the “H” in southern hospitality.

145bluesman

May 9, 2001
I found myself in Arkansas this July for two weeks on business. Business being Mon - Fri that left the weekend with nothing to do but sit in my hotel reading a Steven King novel; or so I thought.

I had once purchased some things for my Gas Gas from a dealer in Smackover AR. his name is Jim Cook. I sent him an e-mail just before the weekend to get directions to his shop, better to look at bikes than a hotel room wall. He e-mailed me back and to my surprise his letter said “Saturday we’ll be going for a trail ride, want to go? Woah, Steven who, forget feeling bored, this was something I never considered! I showed up Saturday and Jim had everything set for me from helmet right down to the boots and even gas in a Gas Gas of course. There were about 14 others there from his club Arkansas Dirt Riders and Jim introduced me to them all, what great people they were. They made me feel right at home and I had the best ride, one that I never will forget! Thanks to Jim Cook of Smakover Motor Sports.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
What a dealer, we need more guys in the retail end of the business that really enjoy riding and taking care of their customers.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Jim is a great guy to deal with, always willing to help with a problem. I talk to and deal with him and Sam frequently. I only wish I had more time to take a trip south and ride with them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
WOW! That is impressive!! I've been giving some SERIOUS thought to a GasGas 4-stroke, looks like maybe I should go north to get it if I go that way.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I had the pleasure of meeting and riding with him too - both Sam and Jim are good people.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Patman,

Me too! Considering all the development and testing thats been done in Europe, it should be relatively bug free on release. If its anything like their 2-strokes, it will be a winner. First year production still scares me a little though ('98 KTM PDS shock as an example). Tough decision.

PEOMAN

Jun 11, 2001
Arkansas Dirt Riders

145bluesman,
Glad you enjoyed the ride. Did we not offer up some exceptional weather that Saturday or what? Very little dust and the traction was great. We enjoyed having you down and come visit with us again sometime. Just remeber to make sure the bike's carb is ready next time! Just kidding....glad you found that pin! Also, good to know that we are not the only ones with rocks to ride on....see ya.

Top Bottom