Arnehem SX on ESPN2 Today-4:30 PM Eastern

B

biglou

Arnehem SX is on ESPN2 this afternoon at 4:30 EST/3:30 Central. I love this same/next day coverage. I have refrained from reading the "Spoiler" thread just so I can watch it and be surprised!

Hopefully it airs on time. The college soccer national championship game is on right now, but there is a 30 minute buffer afterward with "ESPN@ News". I would think they would run an abbreviated news program to start the SX on time. Hopefully it won't come down to that, however. We shall see...

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
There will be death at ESPN if they don't show the SX. I wait all week for one 2 hours of television I will actually watch, if they don't show it, It'll be ugly.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
They mentioned the track was built by DirtWurx, the same track builder we use here in the states. Anyone else notice that the track seems "easier" than what we've ran here the last couple of seasons? I wonder if they did it to aide the Euro's or if they are trying a "safer" approach?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I would think a safer option-the tracks were too gnarly recently IMO.Even the top 3 were struggling, not good racing if most are injured.

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
Does anybody else find it moronic listening to Cameron Steele and Davey Combs give their insights on the finer points of racing? I listen to them today talk about what is going through the minds of these racers as they...yada...yada...yada....
DC runs a magazine and I've seen CS skills on two wheels on the suzuki fast lap where guys that dont make the main show blow by him like he's not moving. Couldnt they find someone to replace DB with some pro-level racing experience to offer some credible colour comentary? Do we get someone better when it moves to the US? Whats the badboy doing? Get him out there.
CY

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
At first I thought that the Euro rounds caused Clear Channel to scramble to get the same camera and production equipment on the track that they have stateside, but that ain't the problem. I'm sorry but Coombs and Steele just aren't doing it for me. Clear Channel needs to seriously reevaluate the annoucer situation.

Where's the excitement? DB is not coming back, but they need something.

The 04 season should be fun to watch with Cobra,Chad,and KDub duking it out on the track, but to listen to those two drone on and on is painful. That whole "he's using the inside lane" or "he's setting him up" is just plain boring. :flame:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
They sound a lot like that guy that announces the GP round! Droning on and on..... I noticed the coverage was similar to the MX of N. Too many shots looking "up" at the riders vice from the side or slightly above where you can see the actual terrain they're riding on. It got slightly better toward the end, but yeah, I noticed the quick jump away from the action too.

cyprice

Mar 2, 2003
Oh yeah, I forgot to complain about the "...huffman moving in for the pass, here's a shot of the Fonz's 5sec lead." I love seeing mike brown get passed and they didnt show one, and there were plenty of them. He ended up outside the top ten. I think the only pass they got on tape was the one short put on evens. I guess if i only get to see one pass, that was the one to see.
Cy

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Bring on Murray Walker!

David Bailey is sorely missed. :uh:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I thought the TV production was pretty poor.  Especially since I kept flipping over to Speed channel to watch GNCC racing.  The GNCC coverage had Art Eckman as the comentator.  It was a better production than the SX.

B

biglou

GNCC was on Speed?!! ARG!!! I totally missed that. Of course, whoda thunkit: Off-road MC's on the neckcar channel?

Yeah, the production quality of these last two rounds leaves a little to be desired. Was it just me, or did the colors on the screen seem a little bleached out? The whole thing, the production, the commentating, the colors, all were kinda like plain white rice. Fills the void, but without any flavor or pizzaz. The exception would have to be Jamie Little. She's pretty easy on the eyes, and definitely knows her stuff.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
One thing that really annoys me abuot ESPN 2, and has for tha last two years, is they don't seem to know what a Husqvarna is. Even when they make it to the final event. Two years ago when Mertens was making finals on his they kept listing it as a HON.. and last night there were a couple in the heat races and when the rider and # were listed they just left the bike brand blank on the little scrolling list in the uper left corner..

I agree there were too many up-ward shots,, and often the action was at the top of the screen behind the scrolling list. I guess it is better than nothing.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by BigLou
GNCC was on Speed?!! ARG!!! 

Lou,

Check out this thread:

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?amp;threadid=88732&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=1

Here's the schedule:

The Hurricane GNCC Sun, Dec 14 4:00pm
The General GNCC Sun, Dec 14 5:00pm
Steele Creek GNCC Sun, Dec 21 4:00pm
Big Buck GNCC Sun, Dec 21 5:00pm
Loretta Lynn's GNCC Sun, Dec 28 4:00pm
Rausch Creek GNCC Sun, Dec 28 5:00pm
The John Penton GNCC Sun, Jan 4 4:00pm
The Patriot GNCC Sun, Jan 4 5:00pm
The Wisp GNCC Sun, Jan 11 4:00pm
Mathew's Farm GNCC Sun, Jan 11 5:00pm
The Spartan GNCC Sun, Jan 18 4:00pm
Power Line Park GNCC Sun, Jan 18 5:00pm
The Ironman GNCC Sun, Jan 25 4:00pm

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I missed the GNCC too Big Lou!!!!! Had a note laying there and still missed it. Man I was so mad when I found out I could cry. :flame:

I want to say a big thanks to TOTALL for calling and reminding me after I called him to remind him of the SX race!!! :moon:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I missed both showings due to holiday season Honey-Do's. Damn the me.

Top Bottom