ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Eel,Oldandslo, Capt. Jack, Rmjeff:
I promised to post a couple probable dates for Arrowhead, and here they are;

Sat. October 13th
Sat. October 27th

Any other So. Cal. riders that are interested, keep checking and I'll have a firm date shortly.
Oldandslo had an excellent place to stage: Miller Cyn. is on the back side of Silverwood Lake right off the highway, and is a short drive from the 15 Frwy.:cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey, does my rm fit into the style of riding that this ride will require? Let me know and me and jr. might give it a shot. Thanks
Elk

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Elk- The only problem is the red sticker issue. It is all posted green sticker. Other than that you would have a blast.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
There's a lot of good, tight single track up there, and it's through trees and meadows. The trails are well groomed and marked. If we stage at Miller Cyn., we should be able to piece together several 2 stroke friendly loops.:D

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds like we might be able to give it a try, I'll keep up on the posts to see what day you guys pick. I think either would be fine. Thanks
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just a quick question, what about gas, will one tank make the trip? Or do I need in flight refueling?!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Elk- It would all depend on the routes taken. I have been up there many times with only my stock tank.

socalwr

Jun 26, 2001
i know it is about 18 miles or so to deep creek through the single track trails. most new bikes with the stock tanks can do about 40 miles. you can get there and back know problem from miller canyon. my buddy did it on his cr no problem.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Yeh, that's the beauty of staging there--- we can make several short loop rides from there. Of course, you know I wasn't too worried about fuel with my wide ratio, 3.2 gallon tanked 3-stroke!:p
The 13th sounds good, so let's set it.We'll all meet at Miller Cyn. by 9:00 A.M. Any early birds can take a warm-up loop. Miller Cyn. is just a couple of miles past the main entrance to Lake Silverwood off of Hwy. 138. There's a sign marking it (left turn) at the far end of the lake. After making the left to Miller Cyn., you want to veer right.
Oldandslo, how far in is the staging area?
P.S.- You'll need a Forest Adventure pass for your trucks.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Take main hiway around Silverwood Lake. Left into Miller Recreation Area(campground). It is paved. Then take the first right(dirt road with OHV sign).Go down that road a hundred yards or so and on your right is a clearing under the pines.

If anyone wants we can meet at McDonalds at 138 and 15 freeway. I think its about 30 minutes from there.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I always thought it was called Pilot rd. or something like that,,,,, Anyways I will be there.

If people want to meet at McD's thats cool with me.

Jeff

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
MickyDee's sounds a little better for me too, I can grab some grub for the long haul in! Can we meet around 7:30 or 8, I like to ride early?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I just talked to the Bulldog (Wayne) and he wants to go with us too, looking forward to the ride. Cya

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Thumbs and I would like to join you, if that's OK with you. We'll confirm a little closer to the date. One question, I remember Malcolm Smith allowed quads. Do these trials? I have a buddy that's been dying for m to take him up to Big Bear but only has a quad.(I know, I know, I've been trying to convert him) If they allow them but you'd rather just stay with 2 wheels that's still good with me. Let me know.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
It's been awhile but I think all the trails somewhat connect through fire roads.

Last edited:

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Hi guys. David and I plan to find the single-track connecting Deep Creek to Silverwood. We've never done it, but have heard there's a fireroad and single-track option. I'll record the trail designations and look to see what the signs say for access (quad, street legal or ??). Maybe we can hook-up for your ride too.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Can we make it the McDonalds at 7:30 so's I don't get lost?!

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Elk,

I`ll try and be at McD`s around 7. We can leave from there at 7:30.

Scar
According to the map the trails are good for atvs less than 50 inches. Some of the trails are narrow, but there are fire roads that will go to Deep Creek crossing.

Mtn. Goat
I am familiar with the trails in that area. There was a trail that went down to the creek thru the burn area. It was closed last year. If that trail is open it looks like we could make a pretty good loop. I`m not familar with the trails on the other side (Big Bear)of Deep Creek crossing.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds great, thanks, cya there around 7'ish, I'll have a few riders with me too.

Elk

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
oldandslo,
I think the trail you remember is the "Devil's Hole run", which is still closed. I plan to ride the area this weekend to find the trails leading to Silverwood.

Scar,
I'll check out the restrictions on the trails and post back. Looking forward to seeing "green".

Top Bottom