Art Bell--crop circles & weird stuff---

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Folks, Bill O'Reilly of Fox news also did a report last week on these "crop circles".
Let me tell you this much, from the photos I saw, there is no way they were done by any machine...not unless it has the 0 gravity option. No cuts in any stalks, all the plants were laid down and not a one broken....AND no exit or entrance evidence at all. None.

Lot's of stuff I don't believe, and one of them is that some good ole boys have enough geometric proficiency to even come close to these crop circles.
Even if Clyde and Bubba did manage to get them laid out, there is no way they laid those plants down like that...not without a helicopter.

Somthin just aint right here. :think

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Jaybird,

I watched a show on how they make those circle without hurting the grasses. They use what looks like a childs swing with a wooden plank for a seat. While holding the ropes for the swing, the lean forward and step down on the plank and press the grass flat and work in whatever direction they are going. They use a central point, and use sting get everything concentric. After you saw it done, it was pretty believeable that anybody could do it if they thought it out. And that's how they did it. Meeting of 4 guys, discussing where to start, who held measurements for who, and the best way to line it all up. Takes a long time even with 4-5 guys. Those big things take like 4-6 hours minimum. That's 20-30 man hours.

WHEEEEEEE!!!! Let's fly around the universe and stomp circles in wheat fields..woooooohooooo!!!!! :) not likely.

My personal theory on the whole alien thing is this. I feel that it's pretty presumptious to think we are completely alone in the entirety of our universe, much less our particular galaxy. IF, and I mean "IF" we are not alone, and they found us first, they would be more highly evolved than we are. Not only did they find us, we didn't even know they existed or how to get were they are, so I feel that's a fair statement. Also remember, we would be the aliens to them...

I would further add that it seems that they would have technology that would make our best aerospace technology and weapons systems look like a slingshot or nothing more than a sharpened stick in comparison. Here's where it gets presumptuous on my part. I'm gonna assume, that if there are much more advanced civilaztions out there, that there might be some kind of universal treaty where civiliaztions from other galaxies DO NOT monkey with the lower life forms (that would be us). They can look at us, study us, but can not visit or share technology with is for fear of our inabilities to effectively rule ourselves. "Look, we now have a bigger gun than anybody else.:::insert evil laughter here:::" We as a society could not effectively deal with it. We as earthlings have trouble dealing with different races, cultures, and skin colors now... let's throw some 8 eyeballed freaks in on the deal who are smarter and with technology 1000 years in the future for us... And you have a recipe for utter desctruction.

I'm guessing that they are going to let us evolve all on our own.

I really enjoy the debate though :) It's fun to think about it.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Stormer, I saw the same program. "Secrets Revealed" or something to that effect. It was pretty impressive, but non the less doable.

I agree 100% with everything you said. :)

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Speed,

I dunno, but it sure seems to make sense :)

Alien visits are also more believable than 'time travel'. I sure like the back to the future movies though.

We've gotta be some hillbilly,backwoods looking, knuckle dragging cave dwellers, to race that has figured out effective ways to knock of light years of travel in short order. I love to think about it though.

KXaggerator

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2001
Damn intergalactic gangs, they can't walk by a clean field without tagging it. Just watch out if some other space gang comes around and defaces it, there could be a turf war. :scream

I have that very crop circle on my computer desktop. I believe it was something like 406 circles in just less then an 800' diameter. Why doesn't Art Bell just fire up his time machine that he says that he has and go back and do some surveillance to settle this thing for once and for all. Really, I could care...O’h never mind, I don't want to get corrected. :D

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
I figure---

that I have about as much of a chance of bumping into an E.T. wearing a "FOX" hat as I do winning the lotto. :eek:

It's all about entertainment---buying a lotto ticket and daydreaming for a couple of days about --what if?

E.T.'s and wondering if they ride on their planet?
If not, then how do they get an adrenaline fix?
Do they have adrenal glands?
How did they make that glyph and not show up on security cameras at that facility?:think

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Well, one thing is for certain. Whoever or whatever is doing the crop circles has waaayyy to much free time.

Maybe those hieroglyphics transate to something akin to "Eat at Joe's. Exit next Galaxy.":D

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Years ago I read a funny book (by Robert Asprin, maybe?) about aliens landing in Central Park and announcing to the Earth that they had come to determine if Earth was ready for admittance to the Galactic League and that they had picked up some "samples" for testing to determine the answer.

The "samples" they picked up were a NY street gang. The kick was that they were, themselves, the galactic equivalent of a street gang. They would fly to a planet and do this just to watch the panic that ensued.

So maybe the only loophole in the "Do Not Disturb The Lower Lifeforms" clause of the Galactic Rulebook is that they can make crop circles. :confused:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I wouldn't think an advanced species such as that mentioned would even bother coming in person...they would probably send a machine of some type.

Our weapons may not be as advanced, but we do have the ability to destroy our own planet several times over. What more do you want?

I suppose we could develope weapons to aim at OTHER PLANETS, hey wait, wasn't that on looney toons, the little guy that talked funny and had a scrub brush sticking out of his helmet??

Miltonyz

Sponsoring Member
Apr 12, 2001
I find the whole idea nuts just in the fact that "IF" there were aliens. They come from hundreds of light years away just to abduct and probe rednecks and cut circles in crops. The second thing that really seals it in my mind is the fact that the stronger society eventually absorbs or wipes out the lesser one. The Indians in the western United States is a good example. The Navajo?? were cliff dwellers that farmed and the warrior like nomadic tribes of the area pretty much took them out. Then we come over from Europe and take the lands over from the indians. I don't think this trait goes away the more civilized we get we just rationalize it with terms like Manifest Destiny,Imperialism, and modernization and pretend like we are better. I think that there is no reason not to think that if some society knew about us it would not do the same.
Oh and Stormer94
Alien visits are also more believable than 'time travel'. I sure like the back to the future movies though.
Aren't you travelling through time right now. Foward but you are traveling.:)

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Stormer94
I'm gonna assume, that if there are much more advanced civilaztions out there, that there might be some kind of universal treaty where civiliaztions from other galaxies DO NOT monkey with the lower life forms (that would be us). They can look at us, study us, but can not visit or share technology with is for fear of our inabilities to effectively rule ourselves

Hmm not being paranoid here but..lol
how do we treat ants?
They have an extreemly complicated civilization and comunications.
Runs without a glitch. As humans we watch thier wars with amusement at best?
You sure ET ,as advanced as you would assume them to be,
would even consider us a lifeform worthy of anything?
or spray us with "raid" before even bothering to contact us? LOL
Maybe we are on some kids hobbie table!
"Alien Ant Farm " comes to mind :)

KWjams-
LOL on the 12 gauge!!
My fishing buddy is convinced aliens follow me around..
anytime we go fishing he insists on bringing his "fishin gun"
I keep reminding him that if intelligent life traveled millions of light years to abduct lifeforms here..likely they would be unafraid of simple projectile weapons.
his answer?
"They never come around when I bring my fishing gun with us"
hmmmmm he has a valid point ..
LMAO!

Overall i think as a species we would be pretty silly looking at the billions of lifeforms on this one planet ,and we still havnt discovered all of them,to think we are the only "semi intelligent ones" in the vast universe.

They used to think the world was flat..then it was round but the sun revolved around the earth. Now we know better- but not much?
we only know we are spinning around some unknown point-
but the main thing being we are NOT the center of the universe..hehe

On the crop things i find it amusing ET would travel here to "stomp" around in a field..but hey ..
maybe it was a couple of teenagers looking for a remote place to have a small kegger party where the cops and mom and dad wouldnt find out?

too many "ants" and "mosquitos" so they moved on..lol

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
"The Amazing Randy" came and spoke to a small group of us once. For those of you who aren't familiar with him, he's made his life a personal crusade at exposing charlatans. The reason he is a powerful witness in many legal cases is because even though he exposes fakes, his personal prejudice is towards believing in the paranormal (ghosts, alien visitors, etc). He truly wants to believe. Well, when it came to the supposed ET visits, his comments were very funny. The take-home message was: Why, every time the aliens come to visit us, do they seem to take somebody from the middle of nowhere, and then do painful, intrusive probes of their genitals and/or rectums?

jamsxr

Dec 4, 1999
Exactly LT

:)

Didn't you see the movie--"Independence Day"?

That is what Randy Quaid meant when said "Up Yours--you Alien Bast**ds!"
as he was flying his Jet airplane up their tailpipe! :eek:

It was payback time. ;)

AJ, It does make ya wonder, eh?
:think
"They never come around when I bring my fishing gun with us"

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Maybe we are being studied. Maybe we all live in a petri dish on some big lab table. Maybe . . .:think

Or maybe I'm just being paranoid . . . WHAT WAS THAT!!!:scream:

Top Bottom