Art Imitates Life....First Edition Predcasso!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
So there I was, tangled up in the trees during the recent Bearfoot Enduro.  I was trying to avoid a little kid who was sprawled out on the trail and being quite the spode myself, I avoided him by running off the course.  The kid went along his way, leaving me to my own predicament.

And then tragedy occurred.....

I heaved the heavy bike back onto the trail and began to remount.....But alas!!!  I lost my footing in the rut of the trail and fell with a resounding THUD!!  As if on que, the oppressive weight of the kTm fell precisely on top of my squirming figure, pinning my neck by its steely forks!  To add to my misery, the hot and smoldering pipe was burning my leg with no recourse!  I was trapped!  With no one to come to my aid!!  

The burning sensation of the pipe caused me to heave the weighty KTM off my lower extremities, however, the movement caused further oppression to my neck and jaw!  Could this be the end of GETMETOCA?  To die in the autumn woods with a crushed windpipe?  What a miserable demise!  Mine eyes took in the glory of the autumn woods, as they sadly may be my last view of earth.....the golden leaves, the damp and mossy soil, the deer poop.  Would anyone miss me? Would I ever see another glorious sunrise? Did I remember to mail my castle payment?

I was most certain that my last breaths would be moments away as panic and dementia set in.....the pain, oh the pain!  I struggled in vain to move the weighty beast from upon my neck, but could not prevail under its massive bulk......Oh, but who would encounter my lifeless form in the deep, dark woods?

Must....breathe.....must.....BREATHE!!!  Just as I was certain the end was near, I mustered the will to draw a great breath and hail help as best and loudly as I could!  HELP ME!!!!!!!  HELP ME!!!!!  I screamed over and over with that great breath.....and reluctantly deduced that if I was screaming, I most certainly must be able to breath, afterall....  :ugg:

Footsteps!!!  I could hear the resounding echo of heavy boots approaching as strong hands lifted the KTM-BEAST from my limp form.  I grasped my neck in true drama queen form and wheezed my appreciation to the young gentleman rescuer.

As I gathered my bearings I noted three or four enduro participants further down the trail, waiting patiently for me to remove myself from their way....afterall, this was a Special Test section and haste was the expectation!

"I'm fine, really!" I sang out, as the first two sped by.  Oddly, they did not stop to inquire of my well being.

"I'm a bit fatiqued, and oh! my parched throat!" I declared to the third rider as he responded with a bit of roost and narry a look back.

Nontheless, I was determined to capture this near-tragic event in my life by commissioning the great artiste, Predcasso!  He has entitled his work of art simply as "Natty Stuck".  I have attached it for your appreciation.

Attachments

• natty stuck.jpg
    natty stuck.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I don't know what's more frightening: Your story or that picture. :eek: Wow, Nat. I'm glad to hear that you're ok. We need to change your screen name to "Iamwomanhearmeroar!" :worship: :worship:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
WOW. . .a first edition. Is that anything like a Special EDition?

Pred's work can only be called autistic. . .errr, artistic.

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Well Natalie, you one upped me. I only had a tree around mile 10 reach out and grab hold of my Camelbak hose only to rip off the mouth piece and allow 70oz. of ice water to run down my jersey, through my underwear, down my right leg, and collect in my right boot. I then rode the next 52 miles wet from neck to right foot. :debil:

Lets just say I'm a bit chapped today, but other than that everythings perfect! :confused:

Glad you're ok girl, hope to see you around Carnegie before I hunt you down at the Piglet next March. Take care...

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by ScottYZ250
I then rode the next 52 miles wet from neck to right foot. :debil:
Lets just say I'm a bit chapped today, but other than that everythings perfect! :confused:

Scott!  :yeehaw:

My ordeal only lasted about 8 minutes, you were having a tragedy ALL DAY LONG! :eek:  I can only imagine what that felt like, it was cold enough that morning and you were on a pretty early minute if I recall, brrrr.  :worship:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm glad you're all right. I know what it feels like to be stuck by your bike and have to yell for help. The only difference is that you could scream like a girl naturally :eek:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
LOL, funny stuff guys! Natalie, glad your ok and wasnt left to rot along the trail. Keep them ride reports coming as i get a good chuckle (ment in a good way :) ).

Pred, you going to do a whole story book?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
My art, while it seems simplistic, appeals to the lowest common denominator, and elicits feelings we aren't sure we have. I think my art tells a story. A simple story, mind you, but a story nonetheless.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I try to keep mine down around ten.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
I think my art tells a story. A simple story, mind you, but a story nonetheless.

A story without beginning, end or form. A story void of any useful information. Nice use of your three crayons though. :thumb:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
sounds to me like GETMETOCA is trying out novel techniques to picked up by some dudes!:)

cool story though, glad you are OK :thumb:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Holy crap Natty - next time maybe bring one of those "I've fallen and I can't get up" things that hangs on your neck like the 90 year old lady on the commercial so you can get some help. That is if you can push the button. How's your leg? Glad you're okay - thank God for the young gentleman rescuer! ;)

Nice Predcasso! :thumb:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Nat glad you're okay, like I tell anyone who will listen (and many who won't) trees are scary, get out on the MX track where it is safe :debil: . As for Predcasso's new Gramma Moses-esque phase, I am speechless; the form, the color, the use of stick figures, Pred you really must come to NM, i think all the transplanted New Yorkers in Santa Fe are crying out for a vision such as yours.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Ill be anciously awaiting the charity raffle of the limited edition, numbered lithographs.

Nat, glad your still with us. hows the leg?

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Nat~ it's so good to hear that you made it out of that ordeal in one piece. How are you feeling?

Pred~That's a wonderful Predcasso, may I have your autograph?

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Natty,
I love reading your ride reports! Always entertaining and humorous. Glad to hear you weren't seriously damaged in the "attack". You have to watch those KTM's they were bred for fighting and you just can't trust them.

Love the Predcasso :)

Last edited:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by XRpredator
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I try to keep mine down around ten.

I can think of a few words. :moon:

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
"Looking at the artwork, it does seem that GETMETOCA has lost her style, doesn't it Winfield"?

good to hear your ok.

:o I've been in the same predicament, only I knew my good friends weren't comming back for me. I finally mustered up enough strength to get out from under the heavy pig of a bike I was on. hehe.

Top Bottom