Associate01

Jan 26, 2001
I was wondering where I could find the article that was on the "justKDX site" that outlined the strengths and weakness' of each. A link would be appreciated. Thanks,

Jón

Associate01

Jan 26, 2001
Thanks for that link, but I mentioned that in my original message, I know of the "just KDX" site, but I was unable to find the article that I was looking for.

That is ok though, I decided without that article which I am purchasing. I will be the proud owner of a KDX 200 this summer.

Well..... back to bench riding.... for the time being......;)

Jón

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Associate .. Is the article you were lookling for comparing the 200 and 220? If so we had to pull it due to space requirements on the menu. It is actually still out there just have no link to it. The article was written by MnKDX who is a very knowledgable (ex-KDX) rider. The thing to keep in mind is this is his opionion and some will disagree on his choice of pipes for the 220. Most (including Fredette) agree the REV pipe is more desirable on the 220 not the torque he recommends. With that in mind have a look at: http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/200vs220.html and let us know if this is what you were looking for.

Associate01

Jan 26, 2001
That is exactly what I was looking for :-D thanks! I did decide that I am going to get the 200.....(I think:confused: ) for that extra 400-500$, I could get some things that I want on it, like a nice skid plate, and some good bark busters. I'll have to ride it and take it from there :)

Jón

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
And an "O" ring chain...

Originally posted by Associate01
That is exactly what I was looking for :-D thanks! I did decide that I am going to get the 200.....(I think:confused: ) for that extra 400-500$, I could get some things that I want on it, like a nice skid plate, and some good bark busters. I'll have to ride it and take it from there :)

Jón

I comes with the std 520 chain, exchange it ASAP.

MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
Yes the stock chain will wear out in less than a year. Well mine wore out in less than a year. Now I am waiting for my new chain and sprockets to come in. Spend the money now to buy an o-ring chain or spend it later on o-ring chain and sprockets. Much cheaper to get it now and it will last alot longer than the stock chain.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Along with the o-ring chain you should get a 12t sprocket and a new chain guide. The o-ring chain is too big for the stock chain guide. FRP has a replacement that is real nice.

ROBBYRAZ

Nov 17, 2001
Some people think a 12 tooth gives more low end power but i've found
that it shortens up the time you spend in each gear. 1st gear on a kdx
is pretty low to begin with any lower and its almost useless. If you really want
one send me an e-mail ROBBYRAZ@HOTMAIL.COM and i'll send you mine i'll
probably never use it again. If you decide on a 200 and you want more low end
get an fmf torque pipe. It will give you a good boost throughout but not so
much on top. I just replaced my torque w/ a rev. I gained much more mid/top.
and after i put on a rad valve and rb carb mod i now have more power across
the board. :) However , The first things you should do is get your suspension
setup for your weight that by far will be the best mod your money can buy.
dont forget to grease and locktite the areas recomended by canadian Dave
on the just kdx website. New handlebars and a one piece top clamp are also
good ideas as the first time you crash you can almost be assured you will bend them.

Associate01

Jan 26, 2001
What do you mean by "setting up" the suspension? Is that just setting the sag? or is there more to it? Also, will I need different shock springs? I weigh 150lbs, with gear maybe 160lbs? I ride mixed conditions, woods.

Jón

Top Bottom