ASV Clutch & Brake Levers!!! Sweet!!!

agrass582

Jun 7, 2005
I had made a post about this once before, but it got deleted. Oh well. I just wanted to tell you guys about my new purchase. I picked up the AVS F3 Pro Series Clutch and Brake Levers for my CR. After I took a dump on the bike last week and broke the existing clutch lever, I was faced with what one to buy to replace it. I decided to go with the ASV seeing as they are foldable and hopefully they will fold back and not brake if I decide to dump the bike again.

Anywho, I put them on and they are sweet. Very comfortable and were a breeze to put on. The clutch lever is very, very easy to make adjustments to. Well, I'm curious to hear all of your input on these and do tell if you have these on your bike as well.

For those of you that had replied to this post before, please do so again so I can see what you had to say.

pace

Nov 21, 2003
I fitted the F3 Pro Clutch and Brake lever to my CR at the beginning of the season. Overall I really like them - particularly the adjustable reach feature. However, I don't like how the rubber boot attaches to the clutch perch; it looks like it could tear off easily in a crash, although it hasn't yet.

agrass582

Jun 7, 2005
Yeah, I like the idea of it and it looks good as well. I have to agree that it could get torn in a crash. They were worth the money. They also have plenty of cool factor to go along with them. I like the quick adjust on the clutch, mades things very easy.

JEEP FARM

Jan 21, 2006
Stupid question?

What would using the fast adjust do for ya anywhy? When do you use it?

I have one on my bike but don't know how it's suppose to work. My clutch works fine, so I've just left it!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I have had to adjust a clutch while riding, it's pretty common if you do enduros and stuff. I don't have fancy levers or quick adjust, though.

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
My son and I... well, let's just say I break more levers than he does but combined niether of us exceed the price of the AVS levers thus I don't subscribe to the "never break = monies saved" concept. That having been said I do subscribe to the AVS as a safety = dollars wise investment. The pivot/spring arrangement allows the lever(s) to swing forward during a dismount thus the risk of broken wrist is reduced dramatically. Having witnessed this first hand my son now rides with AVS levers both clutch and brake.

Adjusting on the fly... depends on the rider/bike. Example, the '05 YZ250 has a bearing issue whereas when you adjust correctly in the mist of a MX race the heat generated results in clutch slop... thus stalling during breaking when pulled in... you can feel this happening and when so you turn the adj forward and your good to go. To many novice riders abuse this feature and adj on the fly when not necessary thus the results are fried clutch plates/fibers. Other than the YZ 250 niether of us had to adjust any of our 2T's on the fly.

Top Bottom