tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
i find that i have trouble clutching and braking with only one or two fingers on my crf450r. the problem when clutching is that the lever hits my outter two/three fingers when i pull it most/all the way in. i made a comment to a friend about wanting levers similar to those on my mountain bike and he said the ASV levers (esp the shorty version) may fit the bill.

- any comments on the ASV levers
- what is the length of regular vs shorty
- suggestions for alternatives

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
We put the ASV levers on my son's CR85 for the opposite reason, short hands and long lever pull. I am very impressed with them and have supposidly purchased a set used but haven't seen them yet. The shorty is about the same as the brake lever in length (maybe a fraction less). They are totally adjustable for reach and made a significant difference in my son's ability to use the clutch more smoothly.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I've got an ASV brake and ARC clutch on my bike. For the ASV I've got the shorty and like it alot! Definetly get a smoother feel and you can't beat the fact that they'll spring forward in a crash :cool: For the clutch its an ARC and longer than stock...super smooth and easy clutch action.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Look at the ARC- they are THE original and not the rip off idea that the ASVs are. Bob Barnett is a true moto guy and innovator that stands behind his product. You are much better giving Bob your business rather than the ASV guy that "alledgedly" ripped off Bobs ideas, and a couple of motocross racing clubs.

Top Bottom