ASV vs Sunline vs ARC clutch perch/lever

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Anyone have any opinions. My YZ250f has an ARC brake lever which I like and I've currently got a cheapo longhorn clutch perch and lever.

Thinking of buying a non-breakable lever with perch because the longhorn stuff bends REALLY easy.

Pricewise, it seems I can get the ASV F1 and F3 cheapest, then the Sunline and the ARC.

Recommendations?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
IndyMX said:
I've got ASV levers on my 450.. Haven't broke one yet. And I've ate a lot of dirt.
+1 :cool:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Thanks.

I see the levers for sale without the perch. If I have a cheapo perch, I was thinking I should buy the perch with the lever.

Agreed?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
You can go either route, I've currently got just the clutch lever on my KX450F as it comes with a decent quick adjuster stock and the fact I added a Rekluse clutch and hardly ever touch my clutch lever. The Perch assembly the SL-4 comes with is top notch with a quality on the fly adjuster.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
The Longhorn I have is a quick adjust perch, but since I bought the bike, one longhorn has had the perch get bent and the replacement perch has had the quick adjust strip out. Have also had to replace three levers. Conveniently, the quick adjust from the bent part was an easy replacement for the stripped one, but at $30 each, for the perch and lever - and $8 plus shipping for the levers, I’m getting tired of replacing them.

Interestingly, both the stripped issue and the bent perch were caused by my buddies riding my bike - they paid for the fixes, but I'd just as soon make the problem less likely.

No issues at all with the ARC brake lever, but I/we seem to crash on the left side more often.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Chili said:
I've had ASV F3 on previous bikes and I put the Sunline on my current ride and prefer the sunline. I've got a new Sunline SL-4 Perch with silver lever that I ended up with as an extra after an order screw up, yours for $125 shipped if you want it. http://www.btosports.com/p/SUNLINESL4MDX

It's $180 at the link you provided. . . Unless you have some special discount you can tell me about - and please do. ;)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I just provided the link as an example of what it looks like. I have an extra complete setup new in the package sitting in my garage from an order screw up on my part that I would personally sell to you for $125 shipped was what I was trying to get across.

The Moose ones look pretty good as well.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
O - sorry - I didn't read your post closely enough. It is clear what you meant - I saw link and clicked on it. . . :whoa:

Let me get back to you on that one.

Mar 18, 2006
Sunline will likely have no parts, if you ever need them. At least that's what I have found on more than one of their products. PITA.

Top Bottom