Oct 8, 2006
Hello Everyone, Im just letting you know that I installed my Athena 144 kit on my 2005 yz125, and took it for a real ride today after jetting it yesterday. and it was AWESOME, way more power than I have ever seen in a 125, and way more than what I expected. I was kind of skeptical about the athena kit compared to eric gorrs but this kit seemed to really push my bike up there. I have the pro circuit exhaust system and v force 3 reed system and this bike just plain rips. I seemed to have gained a ton of low end from the athena kit, maybe with the 14:1 compression ratio, but man I hopped off mine onto a stock yz125 and the low end difference was AMAZING on my bike. The throttle response is excellent, revving is over the top. Im pretty much done with jetting I might just do a little minor changes, and mess with the timing a little. I would like to take the bike into the drag bike shop down the road to see about dynos?? but any questions or feedback from you guys would be Great!

Trevor

Rim-K

Dec 12, 2006
Hi, Thanks for your feelings on this bike! I'm about to buy an athena kit for my YZ125, but I've download the technical documentation and it says that cases have to be drilled. How have you done this and how much did it cost you?
The 2007 yz125 is a really good bike but I'm sure I will be more competitive on starts with more horsepower... Can't wait to ride it!!

Oct 8, 2006
Ya I actually drilled my cases myself, didnt split them, I did what others have said to do, mask off the crank with some clay I bought at walmart, and dremmel the case.

Rim-K

Dec 12, 2006
ok thank you. So if it's possible to drill without opening the whole motor, I'm going to do it myself. But I wonder if the athena kit is as efficient as the Eric gorr's one. I've not seen any dyno graph for a 144 cc. But I heard you reach about 38, 39 hp against 32, 33 hp for a stock YZ125. So it's a huge improvement!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom