duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Anyone riding the X-track or Monroe Sunday? I know Monroe doesn't handle rain very well and probably won't be in great shape. The X-track should be a little better, maybe a little sloppy in the lower sections. Has anyone ridden either of these tracks and would like to post a ride report?

duron peacock

Jul 17, 2000
Kawboy and I made the trip to the X-track today. Enjoyed a couple of hours of riding, albeit the wind was quite treacherous. At one point, Kawboy went to jump a Double only to find himself being blown back from the direction he can from. Anyone that has met Kawboy knows he's a little "light in the saddle". Soaking wet he doesn't weigh 200 lbs. That's usually not a bad weight, except Kawboy is about 6'4". Anyway, back to the story. Of course this led to other problems as well. First, he got into trouble for going the wrong way around the track. Second, he couldn't regain control of his bike and ended up riding into the tree line. He eventually snagged a tree limb and stopped. For a moment there he was starting to ride like Lemming. However, he did regain his composure. So, after assuring the owner of the track that this was not going to happen again, we were allowed to ride some more. Porkchop

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Porkchop is quite the kidder. He forgot to tell everyone that I was in fact going the correct direction the whole time. :)

After riding very well for most of the afternoon he decided to hone his crashing skills. Coming out of a tall right-hand berm he rolls it on - first second... third... in a most creative fashion, Porkchop decides to play basketball with his rear tire. First a small dribble, then a nice jog with the tire bouncing nicely, finally he decides to pass the tire between his legs, and succeeds... ...just before his yellow (eh-em) promptly places him on his can. It was a marvelous display of athletic ability (and a good crash I might add :))

Well, let's clear up a bit of misunderstanding. For a few minutes following his "practice" crash Porkchop was acting like he was pretty well cooked. :) He kept motioning me to turn around and ride the other way. I wasn't sure I understood what I was seeing. I rode over and confirmed what I feared - he must have rung his bell pretty hard on the yellow (eh-em) sponsered Globe Trotter exhibition. Knowing his spell would soon pass, I talked him into thinking we were riding the track backwards, for our own safety. :)

So, there you have the whole and absolute truth behind this highly incredible and most beleiveable story :) ;) :)

---

Seriously, I had a good time riding today with Porkchop, though we both agreed that the track was as rough as it's been in a long time. The water truck was broken so we had to put up with sandstorm like conditions for most of the afternoon. In the span of an hour we saw a few crashes, though luckily everyone was able to get up under their own power and ride off.

Porkchop did take a minor fall though he got right up and continued to ride. His knee looked like it hit a rock during the crash, it'll probably be sore in the morning.

One thing I made note of today.. I noticed the tires on Porkchop's RM were in pretty good shape. Looked like he put them on a month or two ago. They are Kenda's. They are also two years old! I don't know if they make 5.00 x 18 Kenda tires, but I'm considering giving that brand a try next go round. His front tire still has good sharp edges on the knobs, two years and countless rides later.

---

Some photos from today's ride:
http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/Gallery/xtrack_4-1-01/flyingporkchop.jpg
http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/Gallery/xtrack_4-1-01/kawdouble1.jpg
http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/Gallery/xtrack_4-1-01/pchopberm2.jpg
http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/Gallery/xtrack_4-1-01/kawberm1.jpg

--------------------------------

------------------
Mike / 1988 KX500 / www.georgiaoffroad.com

[This message has been edited by KawBoy (edited 04-01-2001).]

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
KawBoy,
what software are you using to add that killer looking roost in the berm pic?
I am sure that you remember when Ivan and myself "caught" you practicing that "lean with your foot out" pose at TNT! :p

looks like you guy's had fun.

wrench

[This message has been edited by wrench (edited 04-02-2001).]

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
For a moment there he was starting to ride like Lemming

Allright Kawboy, I told you that practice makes perfect :rolleyes:

------------------
Tim, '99EC200, '01TXT200

[This message has been edited by Lemming (edited 04-02-2001).]