Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Chili,

David is French. Of course it's okay he got punted. ;) KDub also made no excuses, it was payback and he said as much.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
Chili,

David is French. Of course it's okay he got punted. ;) KDub also made no excuses, it was payback and he said as much.

Well then you;ll be happy to know Reed stated he gave James the same choice James gives others at times, check up or get blown out. He also said he'd do it again next week. :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yet another race where JBS was NOT the fastest rider or even the second or third fastest. I can hardly wait for the next season of Bubba's Boohooing World. :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
Just watched the race!

I'm with Chili, sort of, I think, maybe :think:

Did CR make a smart choice to try to pull the block pass? NO, but if he made the pass and got away it would have been epic!
Did CR have position on JS? Yes, cry all you want, but he had him.
Did CR start making his turn before JS T-boned him, Yes, see above :nener:
Did JS see CR? Yes C'mon really? Is it even a question? Of course he did. Bubba just doesn't let off the gas, even if someone is in his way.
Did JS screw the pooch even more by messing with CR after botched pass/t-bone? yes
Did we get a damned good race and have we been seeing some great racing this year? HELL YES!! This will make it even better.
No injuries, no harm, no foul, rubbin' is racing. :ride:
Onward!
I just watched it too and I have to agree. I don't really care for either JS or CR so there's no bias. Reed tried a block pass and if Stewart was thinking he could have braked and undercut Reed for the lead. Was it a hair brained block pass, yes but Stewart should have reacted smarter and not acted like he was the only one on the track.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Leave it to Chili and Patman to hate on Stewart!

It is what it is, they'll continue to hate on him and will spin it however they can to make him out as the bad guy...

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
RM_guy said:
Was it a hair brained block pass

Only in todays politically correct sx/mx world. Memba RJ? He was a badboy that took out anyone for the win. There is a mess of riders who everyone adimres today that used to do some dirty (er) stuff in the 70's and 80's. Rubbins racin.

67L48

Aug 23, 2004
If Reed is the only one on the track, he can't pull off that corner ... not at that angle and that speed. Again, the move was for one purpose only -- crash out Stewart. Would have taken a minor miracle for Stewart to grab enough brakes to avoid that, and would be shocked if the bike didn't stall out at that point.

I don't care if I'm watching NASCAR, sprint cars, SX, or whatever, I don't want to see a boneheaded, bush-league move scar the end of the race. I don't think I've seen as severe a "block pass" as that move and I don't think that another rider (RC, or insert your favorite) would have nimbly dodged it.

Again, that was purely a "I'm not winning, but neither are you" move. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't care who does it to who, it's crap and shouldn't have a place in racing.

I'm not a Stewart fan. I'm a racing fan. When a crap move takes out the race leader, that's not a great race. If Reed was fast enough to actually put himself in position to make that move, great. But he wasn't. If we've reached the point where you have to "close the door" or risk getting taken out for the sake of getting taken out, then it's pretty sad.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
wasn't a crap move, it was strategy. Win, win. either it works and you come out smelling like roses and holding an extra 25 championship points. or you fail and keep both of you from getting the points needed to pull away in the points championship.
Where's pred and the Whambulance when you need it?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Just finished watching the race and Reed made that same move in several corners (as early as lap 2) and did complete the corner.
Dirty move or not it was there because Stewart made a rookie move and left the inside line wide open. Even after having CR square up in that and other corners trying to do it all race.
Thought it was an exciting race to watch after way to amny seasons of watching 1 guy run away and the next 3 or 4 positions riding all by themselves to the checkers. Finally some tight exciting races to watch.

Now to qualify all this no way in hell I can be called a fan of the Warrior or bubba for that matter

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
IF, JBS was able to duck inside of Tutu, and IF Tutu could have finished squaring up, JBS would have still made the obstacles after and won. They had to tangle up, that was the plan. Sooooo nascar sad.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
wake_rider said:

It is what it is, they'll continue to hate on him and will spin it however they can to make him out as the bad guy...
LOL!
What EXACTLY was not factual in my post?
What EXACTLY happened in your world that put him at the top of the podium?

Bubba was not even on the podium let alone the top of it. He had a chance and Reed took it away in the very last few feet. Too bad Bubba you lose AGAIN.

Bubba rides the track like he ownes it so there is no reason everybody else that is racing can't do the same. Don't like it? Go cry to the officials. Maybe they will agree, maybe not. The only thing for sure is the racers finished in the order they deserved.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
67L48 said:
If Reed is the only one on the track, he can't pull off that corner ... not at that angle and that speed. Again, the move was for one purpose only -- crash out Stewart. Would have taken a minor miracle for Stewart to grab enough brakes to avoid that, and would be shocked if the bike didn't stall out at that point.

I don't care if I'm watching NASCAR, sprint cars, SX, or whatever, I don't want to see a boneheaded, bush-league move scar the end of the race. I don't think I've seen as severe a "block pass" as that move and I don't think that another rider (RC, or insert your favorite) would have nimbly dodged it.

Again, that was purely a "I'm not winning, but neither are you" move. Nothing more and nothing less. I don't care who does it to who, it's crap and shouldn't have a place in racing.

I'm not a Stewart fan. I'm a racing fan. When a crap move takes out the race leader, that's not a great race. If Reed was fast enough to actually put himself in position to make that move, great. But he wasn't. If we've reached the point where you have to "close the door" or risk getting taken out for the sake of getting taken out, then it's pretty sad.

You're new to this sport I'm guessing? You could make a career highlight reel of passes made like that from every rider out there James included.

Many whined Windham wouldn't make the turn either

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3EZEj6aEVQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3EZEj6aEVQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
wake_rider said:

I don't hate Stewart at all, I think he's an incredible talent who isn't realizing his potential but I certainly don't hate him.

I don't need to spin anything in this case there are far more folks who have raced at a decent level and don't wear a skirt on a regular basis like some of the whiners in this thread. Hell one of our resident mods who could wear a skirt would slam you harder than that if you left the inside door open like Bubba.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Tutu was in first gear trying to square up. JBS was more than likely in third gear. Bonehead move on Tutu. After they got going, and was hard for us to see, evidently JBS was screwing with Tutu all the way to the finish, letting Tutu pass him. This is what Big Bubba got all up in arms about, little Bubba screwed up BIG time. The fastest racers ended up 3rd and 4th, no the dumbest did, imo. Racer x has some funny stuff, http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/02/27/the-moment-reed-and-stewart-speak

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Great racing, stupid mistakes by top riders, patience by other top riders. Best racing in a long long time.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
What I find amazing is not a single mention of how many times Stewie tried the "take out" move on gReedy throughout the race.
I was there and thought it was one of the best races that I have witnessed. The jumbotron screens showed more than the SPEED coverage that I watched.

If someone is genuinely put off by the move itself and not because of who was involved, oh well ... that's racing!

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
you guys are funny.

DID anyone bother to watch CBS today and the history of races of Stupidcross????

DID ya happen to see how they pass. A block pass is nothing new. I can't imagine some one leaving the friggin door that wide open for me and not taking it????

That race track is clearly marked. THe photos clearly show REED PASSED JAMES then james hit him..... this isn't NASCrap guys this is down and dirty racing. do you think for a second that Ricky Johnson, BOB Hannah or anyone with those creditionals wouldn't have done the same????

BUt ya know what is more entertaining last night and today?

A shiet load of fans typing furiously defending thier favorite multi-millionairre racer....

You know what.

Sit back and enjoy the show. We all would be bitching like girls if it was a week in and week out runaway races like when MC or RC did it.......

And as a racer for 35 plus some years. I rather race with a guy that block passes me in a corner ANYFRIGGINDAY. BEFORE i had to have eyes in the back of my head because the "other" guy doesn't check up when he should and lands on people.

I have rode with both. So has aj. he knows exactly who. :)

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
wardy said:
DID anyone bother to watch CBS today and the history of races of Stupidcross????

Let this be my public service announcement. If any of the Nancies in this thread like Thump and Okie haven't already watched the Legends of Supercross special please avoid it at all costs, you'll likely stroke out or develop a nervous tic!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Yeah, what Wardy said!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Uchytil said:
Only in todays politically correct sx/mx world. Memba RJ? He was a badboy that took out anyone for the win. There is a mess of riders who everyone adimres today that used to do some dirty (er) stuff in the 70's and 80's. Rubbins racin.
True. I guess I forgot the glory days. I've been punted off the track and also been the one doing the punting so I get it.

The tracks are so one lined that I've gotten used to the boring racing. I miss 2 strokes from days past and the epic battles. I hate 4 strokes. Bring back 2 strokes. :cool:

I can't wait for Daytona so we can argure about something else. :nod: :laugh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Chili said:
Let this be my public service announcement. If any of the Nancies in this thread like Thump and Okie haven't already watched the Legends of Supercross special please avoid it at all costs, you'll likely stroke out or develop a nervous tic!
:laugh:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Geez at the list of things that are acceptable today, and not yesterday. You old guys slay me. Does any of these old relic vids show the "criminal" squaring up 2 times in a 1 turn corner, having to roll the jumps afterwards? Throwing away the season in the middle of the battle? If Tutu pulled this off at the last race of the season, and it truly mattered, maybe? They were both bone heads, no excuses. I know a few people that would have went 1 further and ghost rode their bike square into Tutu. A total lack of control/heat of the moment thing makes it okay? Go teach that to your children? Yes it is racing, 2011 style.

Top Bottom