Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
I've got tons of work to do to get my photos sorted out, but I just had to post this one up. Taken with my new 5D and 300 2.8 @ ISO 3200. This little camera rocks. :cool:

1720.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's incredible that you can get an image that clean from ISO3200.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Man you suck, first I had to drool over the 300 and now a 5D to add to the arsenal :laugh: That is an awesome shot, and I agree with Rich that is amazing at 3200. You coming to Minny?

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Nice shot, to be sure. You better make busy and post some more! ;-)

My family and I will be at Minny and also the Milwaukee FMX. Are you guys shooting those? I can't even keep my head on straight to watch the action, let alone catch it on film. You all are amazing.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Thanks guys. I'll get some more up in the coming days. I have to get them sorted and sent out first.

No Minny for me. I looked into a flight but it's too expensive, and there is no way I am doing that drive in the winter. Other than that one race, I think I will be doing all the other eastern rounds.

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
Chili said:
fatcat, I'll be at Minny with oldguy but have no plans to shoot unless something changes.

Hope to make your acquaintance then! I made arrangements with Oldguy, who said I could hang around you guys if I promised not to act like myself!

BTW- contrary to what Oldguy's been telling you- Bloomington isn't really the Minneapolis Riveria- even for a Canuck.

Bring your parka.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
fatcat216 said:
Hope to make your acquaintance then! I made arrangements with Oldguy, who said I could hang around you guys if I promised not to act like myself!
Gotta make concessions lady if you want to hang with the cool kids :nener:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
oldguy said:
Gotta make concessions lady if you want to hang with the cool kids :nener:

... and if you hang around with Dave long enough he'll spot some cool kids and point them out to you. :nener:

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
oldguy said:
Squid try looking into flying into Madison Wis and ride up with me on Friday morning. We will be back here again Sunday afternoon or fly home Monday

Thanks for the invite but I will still be in Florida. Hopefully I don't get too much of a sun burn. :nener:

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Okiewan said:
But you aren't supposed to be able to shoot sports with the 5D!! :p ....

EXCELLENT capture.

Got a chance to shoot one with a sweet 85mm 1.2 L (for work) the other day. Unbelievable combo. Boring product photography in the studio, but the detail, color and sharpness out of the camera was impressive to say the least.

Yes, I've read that on the internet too, but everyone raves about the low light focus, and high iso performance, so I figured I would give it a shot. Quite happy I did. Sure would like to try that 85 on it.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Great shot!! Very 3-dimensional!

Top Bottom