mykski2

Feb 26, 2006
I plan on riding the Atlanta loop next month with the family. My son and I will be on bikes and the rest of the family on sport quads. We've never been to that trail before and was wondering what to expect. Are there any areas that we should avoid or preferred loops? We'll be staying at Clear Lake state park and I see that the trail head is just a few mile south so that should be no problem. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
There are a couple spots just to the north/east of the State Park that you could park the truck/trailer and unload (depending on the size of your rig). That would put you closer to camp and more in the middle of the trails.
County roads (not forest roads) are open in Montmorency & Presque Isle counties, so you can use them to connect the trails - just can't get in/out of the State Park on an ATV.
The trail is tighter for ATVs in many sections, even though it's a 50" trail, but the route is pretty nice and wide. Depends on what type of riding you prefer.

Gas and food are right on the trail, on M-33, towards the northern portion of the loop.

Most of the mud should be pretty dry right now, but I've not been on there in the last couple months.

Have a good ride!

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Racesmith said:
Where is this Atlanta Trail you speak of?
being from Georgia, you probably were thinking of a somewhat larger Atlanta - ours here in Michigan isn't quite that big - Oh, but it does have a trail - not sure about yours - maybe there's a trail there too?

mykski2

Feb 26, 2006
Thanks for the info 2trakR. Sound like it should be a good time. Thanks for the parking tip. That should save time. My son and I both have plated bikes and we were able to ride out of Onaway state park when we stayed in that area. A few of the Rangers questioned us, but when we showed them the plate, they just smiled and said have fun. The plated bike thing is the only way to go! :cool:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
We camp and ride out of Clear Lake SP as well. It's a real nice Park late in the season (like right now) as it's very quiet. Never had a problem riding our plated bikes out of there. Most of the time (off season) there's not even a ranger at the gate to check the bike on the way in/out.

Top Bottom