Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Just want to make everyone in California aware of Prop. 23.

Prop. 23 if passed will stop AB 32 in it's tracks. AB 32 is California Assembly Bill #32. It has already passed within the confines of CARB. (California Air Resources Board). It spells out some major changes in California. It will raise the price of gasoline in California to $ 9.07 per gallon. It will raise the cost of electricity 60% over what we are now paying.

And here's the clincher. It will be illegal to make dust in California. :yikes: Yeppers, that's right. :whoa: You will not be able to ride your off-road vehicle down a dirt road or trail if it produces dust. This will end ALL off-road activities in California. And can you imagine the impact on farming in California?

If you vote, PLEASE VOTE YES ON PROP. 23. If you are too young to vote, please make your parents aware of this bill and what it will do to our way of life here in California.

Also, don't take my word for it. Look it up. California AB 32. It's all on the net. It's your future. Do sumthin'. :|

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Next up is the human methane gas tax.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Gas prices will not go to $9.00 per gallon and energy cost will not rise 60%. AB 32 passed back in 2006 so the two primary Texas oil campanys that are pushing this bill already stuck us for more money back then.

We all know that the oil companies don't want any restrictions and don't want any competition from any clean energy companies. The big oils guys don't need a reason to valid reason to raise prices they just do it and stick it to because they have funded all the politicians and they don't do ****.

I will not tell anyone how to vote but please read the text of all the propositions before you vote and don't just believe what you see on a paid for TV add.

Here is the text of the changes that prop 23 makes and it does not say a single word about adding or increasing any dust laws. It's pretty short because it's basically just repealing a law passed back in 2006.

This initiative measure is submitted to the people in accordance with the provisions of Section 8 of Article II of the California Constitution.
This initiative measure adds a section to the Health and Safety Code; therefore, new provisions proposed to be added are printed in italic type to indicate that they are new.

PROPOSED LAW
California Jobs Initiative
DIVISION 25.6. SUSPENSION OF AB 32
38600. (a) From and after the effective date of this division, Division 25.5 (commencing with Section 38500) of the Health and Safety Code is suspended until such time as the unemployment rate in California is 5.5 percent or less for four consecutive calendar quarters.
(b) While suspended, no state agency shall propose, promulgate, or adopt any regulation implementing Division 25.5 (commencing with Section 38500) and any regulation adopted prior to the effective date of this division shall be void and unenforceable until such time as the suspension is lifted.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
BTW - Don't take my post as if I'm against the passage of 23. I just like people to make a completely informed decision. One one hand I believe that we need to promote companies that are looking for greener and other fuel alternatives but only to a certain cost. I'm still on the fence with this one.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Subsidizing any industry is just a way to push prices up across the board. Thrive on your own or fail. Simple as that.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
thumbs said:
Gas prices will not go to $9.00 per gallon and energy cost will not rise 60%. AB 32 passed back in 2006 so the two primary Texas oil campanys that are pushing this bill already stuck us for more money back then.

I will not tell anyone how to vote but please read the text of all the propositions before you vote and don't just believe what you see on a paid for TV add.

Here is the text of the changes that prop 23 makes and it does not say a single word about adding or increasing any dust laws. It's pretty short because it's basically just repealing a law passed back in 2006.

Tony.

I got my information from KFI radio. They have been talking about this all week. They don't call it dust, they call it 'Particulates'. The word Particulates is one of those words that cover many different things. From exhaust emissions to dust. You are correct about Prop 23. All it does is put a hold on AB 32 until the economy comes back.

From what I understand, AB 32 has many future implications, one of which being a further reduction of Particulates (there's that word again) in the air of 14% over what we now have. In order to achieve this by their target date, there would have to be major changes in the way we live here in California. One of which is raising the price of gasoline to $9.00 per gallon. They were also talking about raising taxes for all drivers in California another $ 4,500 per year for the privilege of driving on our freeways. This came from two members of CARB. They said they felt CARB was overreaching their bounds and they felt this would backfire on them when people found out what was really in this bill.

CARB is an unelected, uncontrolled board, making decisions without oversight that effects the lives of all of us in California. In the past, they have used voodoo science and outright lies to get their agenda pushed through. In recent years, they have destroyed the lives of many independent truckers with their phony claims on diesel particulates in the air. They have done the same to the off-road diesel construction industry. The cement industry is the next victim on their chopping block.

CARB is led by Mary Nichols (sp?) a liberal nut-case that has her own agenda. They have used technical information that has proved to be false. This information was provided by one of the 'experts' from CARB that turned to have a false diploma from an online college. But, even though they found out their science was false, the laws they passed still stand and the people that lost their jobs in the diesel industry are still out of work. :bang:

To me, and this is just my opinion, CARB is evil. Anything I can do to slow them down or stop them, I will do. I have nothing against cleaning up our air but I want it done with the input of the people whose lives will be affected by the decisions they make. Not as a dictatorship.

Like I said in my original post, don't take my word for it. Look it up.

Oh, and I don't believe anything I see on TV. :fft:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I hear ya Terry. CARB is good intentions gone overboard, way overboard. Pretty much like the lead paint ban that got kids bike banned. Same with the noisy restrictions which I'm for but it goes to far in some places. I'm at a race in the middle of the fricken desert 50 miles from the nearest city and I can't be above 94bs's yet a Harley drives down my street and set off my car alarm. :bang:

Like I said I'm not against 23 and certainly don't like everything in AB32 which is the problem. You read the prop and it all sounds great and then you find a piece of it that is just stupid and counter productive. :whoa:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
A very good friend of mine has been in the alternate fuel business for many years. He started out doing propane conversions and now is into natural gas conversions.

He has been telling me for years, how CARB is a huge pain in the butts of everyone in the alternate fuel business. CARB has imposed so many restrictions and fees on his business his hands are tied when it comes to developing new products. It costs them a fortune, (hundreds of thousands of dollars) to get a new system approved through CARB and a tremendous amount of time. So much so it has destroyed the entrepreneurial spirit of those entrepreneurs that are trying to improve the systems or invent new systems that would help clean our air.

Now, if CARB really cared about cleaning the air, why would they do that? Why would they squash the ideas of the people trying to improve the systems? To me, it's all about control. Now, only the major mfg's and OEM's can afford to develop new systems and improve the old one's. The vehicles come directly from the OEM's with natural gas systems already installed on them. All the independent alternate fuel people are allowed to do now is install the fuel cylinders and do the plumbing. CARB, in their infinite wisdom has taken a major portion of the business away from the independent and put it in the hands of big business, the OEM's.

It's not about the air, it's about controlling peoples lives. It's all very clear to me now. :|

Top Bottom