Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
My Honda CR250 has a spooging problem. It is not that it is nesiseraly because it has spooge comming out of the exhuast but where it is coming out of the exhaust that worries me. I Always though that spooge was the oil that didn't get burned and came out the tip of the silencer of two strokes. well not much is coming out of the silencer but where the pipe connects to the silencer is where it is all coming out. Its like there is a leak in the pipe where it connects to the silencer and is dripping out oil. Is this normal? How do i got about fixing it if its abnormal? I am sick of having to clean the oily spot on the frame after every ride.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
do a search on spooge usually its a jetting issue .
my yz leaks a little out the silencer pipe connection seeing as the rubber gromet is a little worn.
i would also check packing in silencer its probably loaded up also hope this helps you out

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Is it that time of the month already? 2 stroke dirt bikes are NOT supposed to spooge! Anytime you have an issue,always do a search first! There are a gabillion threads on this subject,specifically!!! http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=92818, rule out mechanical issues,learn to jet! EPA disasters are not dirtbikes! Say no to spooge!

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
My 05 started spooging from where the pipe meets the silencer when I sent the pipe off to get a dent removed. It spooged in this place after I put things back together. Recently I tore my suspension apart, removing the pipe and silencer to get the rear shock out, when I put it back together, no more spooge. Must have been a bad connection. My bike is 100% stock except for suspension revalve and resprung.

I don't mind spooge, but when it drips on the swingarm, I use simple green and my pressure washer to remove it. Chain lube is next to impossible to remove this way.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Someone said:
My 05 started spooging from where the pipe meets the silencer when I sent the pipe off to get a dent removed. It spooged in this place after I put things back together. Recently I tore my suspension apart, removing the pipe and silencer to get the rear shock out, when I put it back together, no more spooge. Must have been a bad connection. My bike is 100% stock except for suspension revalve and resprung.

I don't mind spooge, but when it drips on the swingarm, I use simple green and my pressure washer to remove it. Chain lube is next to impossible to remove this way.
Believe me,you did not fix it! The spooge is loading up in your silencer,which will have a further negative effect on your engine!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Fresh engine, proper jetting, quality fuel. The three steps to overcoming the SPOOGE!!!

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
_JOE_ said:
Fresh engine, proper jetting, quality fuel. The three steps to overcoming the SPOOGE!!!

Fresh Engine- Check

Proper Jetting- not sure how to jet yet? Also there is a huge dent in the exhaust where the chamber is and it looks light it could severely restrict air flow coming out , would that mess up the engine jetting?

Quality Fuel- I bought 93 premium gas at the pump and the right mixing ratio of Champion two cycle oil to mix with it. As of now im still running the previous owners gas. Maybe he used regular unleaded and or put wrong ratio of oil to gas.

I did do a search on this topic but then again when it comes to finding stuff im like a deaf bat.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Bats hear? Try the advanced options. And yes,dents will greatly change performance. Get permission to stick your clean pipe in the freezer. Get the good duct tape and cross and wrap the piss out of the header flange. At least 25 across and 25 around,stretch it as you apply it. Fill it up with tap water and seal the other end the same way,make sure you get all the air out. Leave in the freezer for 8 hours. It will pop out a lot of dents and creases,some rumors about seams also! Plan b is more dangerous,plan c is fleabay. Now is a good time to check your silencer packing.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
I must admit that is an interesting way to get out a dent but what stops it from stretching out the rest of the pipe that isn't dented? I will take a look at e buy, and plan B im guessing involves a hammer of some sort?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Cman250 said:
I must admit that is an interesting way to get out a dent but what stops it from stretching out the rest of the pipe that isn't dented? I will take a look at e buy, and plan B im guessing involves a hammer of some sort?

Plan B is to plug the ends, with one end having a fitting to fill it with air, about 20psi, then heat..

make sure the plugs are in tight!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Steel tends to crack and tear when you work it below freezing temperatures.

I've used the compressed air and a torch to pop dents. I've also split the pipe along the seams, hammered the dents out, and welded it back together. You have to do some of the welding with the pipe on the frame because the pipe will tweak otherwise.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
How old is that gas he gave you? I doubt that is the problem, but old gas should be disposed of. Those new style sealed gas cans with the plunger style spouts may keep gas fresh longer.
How far from the cylinder is the dent? If its in the fat part that comes back along the engine by your leg it shouldn't hurt it much, unless it is a very large dent. Take a pic and post it up.
The other possibility would be a tranny side crank seal.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Its a Pro Circuit pipe and it runs at about $200 new so would it be a bad idea down the road when I actually need all that power just to buy a new one? As of now I don't ride WOT and barley get out of 3rd gear so the power is more than enough as of now, unless it is doing more than effecting the power but is messing up the jetting then I will buy a new pipe sooner than later. Il see if I can get a pic up for you guys to take a look at. To give you a size reference its about the size of an average hand that is pushed in 3/4 inch in some places.

utrax42

Jun 2, 2007
You could always use high-temp RTV sealant, understanding that you still need to get your bike jetted properly for a performance gain. Well more like performance restore. It does help keep the bike clean though!

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
How to make it run leaner??

Ok so it still leaks and the black goop all over my engine that is coming out the head pipe, and silencer connector is starting to annoy me. So how do i go about leaning out my bike? Should i use 40:1 instead of the 32:1 i am using? Should i change the jetting or do both? I do not know how to jet though :(

Is there a simple way to lean out your jetting without messing around too much with the jetting?

ps: I do not have a service manual at the moment which brings me to my next question. Where can i get a genuine Honda service manual for a 02 CR250R? already checked the local dealership and no luck.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Is there a simple way to lean out your jetting without messing around too much with the jetting? Well,I thought I heard it all,Cman,that was amazing! NO,read the threads on plug reading,jetting,checking your mechanical issues and routine maintenance! Or you become an epa bio-hazard! Go to service hondas website,bikebandit,clymers.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
WFFR, what i meant to say was that i did not want to have to go through the whole process of jetting my bike because im not capable at this time to do that but if there was just one speacial jet that may have had to been tweaked to lean it out. Or do you have to go through the whole process of changing each and every jet out to proper size and what not, to get the results of a leaner running bike? If thats the case could someone show me where i could get a honda manual (not clymer's) or a thread showing how to jet your bike?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Cman250 said:
WFFR, what i meant to say was that i did not want to have to go through the whole process of jetting my bike because im not capable at this time to do that but if there was just one speacial jet that may have had to been tweaked to lean it out. Or do you have to go through the whole process of changing each and every jet out to proper size and what not, to get the results of a leaner running bike? If thats the case could someone show me where i could get a honda manual (not clymer's) or a thread showing how to jet your bike?

Oh, you want the super secret jetting? The jetting setup that's only reserved for the pro's? Sorry.. you're not a member of the club, you'll have to read the plug, change the jets and needle just like all the rest of the normal people.

Now that I got that off my chest.

Dude, there is no secret jet that will magically fix your bike, you have to go thru the process. If you can't manage reading a few simple instructions and following them to get your bike jetted properly, how is it you can do anything? It's not that hard.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Cman,how in the heck are you gonna be the next Eric Gorr? Money,lack of tools,no manual or just scared? Them 2 links posted for the manual,do you know how they found them? If the search button on here gives you problems try the web,but be REAL careful of misinformation! And if I had the manual,I would mail you a copy!!!

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Thanks for the links.

Guys i know i may ask my fair share of dumb questions but i only know what i have been taught, and in this case i have not yet been taught to jet a bike. So i rely on you guys to give me that kick in the butt sometimes when i need to stop beat'en around the bush asking questions just because i am inconfident of what im doing. I know my flaws, better yet i know how to fix them but its trial and error that shows me what i have done wrong and what i need to correct.

I would pay money to spend a day with Eric and have him share his infinate wisdom about bikes and engines.

Top Bottom