kawi35

Jul 20, 2002
i've herd alot of people talkin about the attack position. what does it help and how do you position your self on your bike? i wold lik to know any tricks if they help :)

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
standing with your knee's & elbows bent slightly and your chin over the bars. have you back straight

I believe it helps balance and your ability to handle/attack an obsticale.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've always taken it to mean an aggressive position in which you are ready to attack the track. To me, that means semi-crouched and far enough forward to be able to give it as much throttle as possible.

BTW, I never try to keep my back straight...that seems awkward. As a matter of fact, I try to never keep anything straight. If all joints and body parts are slightly bent, it means that they are ready to absorb some shock.

Got my head cut off here, but this is kinda what I mean: http://www.mindspring.com/~mnyland/Attack.jpg

jacobone

Feb 3, 2003
well i was wondering how do you do wheeles in sand i have tried and just barly got the front end of the ground then i see guys doing 30 footers. i would will take any suggestions

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
gomer it appears to me that you back is straight.

jacobone - What does that have to do with attack posistion? Lean back farther and gas harder?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
limitless,
I was instructed to always slouch to protect your back. On a bike I'm told bad posture is good. While attending MX school I got my gut slapped by the instructor more than one because I wasn't slumping over. A smack to the gut of someone my age tends to get the point accross. :silly:

Top Bottom