Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
Attica, IN (THE BADLANDS)....until yesterday I had only heard about it. I heard sotries of hills that legends are made of and 700-1200 acres of awesome riding. Well here is my experience.

I am all alone with no one to ride with so I think I'll go to the Badlands. Surely there will be people to ride with there. Uneventfull trip there and the first thing they ask when registering is do you ride a bike, 4 wheeler or a JEEP. Did she say JEEP. By golly, she sure as crap did, Clue #1. I'm ready to go including my helmet camera. With 1200 acres to explore the helmet camera should pick up some awesome footage. Here I go!!!!! Sand, Sand, Sand, Sand, Sand whoops (ye haw) Sand, Jeep, Jeep, Sand, Sand, pea gravel, pea gravel, Sand. Look there be's some hills. Must be pretty bad with all of those 4 wheelers just setting there looking at them. Well that was fun but not too challenging. I wish those 4 wheelers would come up here so I would have some one to play with. Sand, Sand, Sand, there's a couple of bikes, COOL. Head to the woods...TOO SLOW MUST PASS OR I'M JUST GOING TO TIP OVER. By myself again, woods means mud,mud,mud,mud. There is a nice little log, OOPS I FORGOT MY TIRES ARE CAKED WITH MUD. That really ticks me off now my leg is killing me and I've got to go over that log again because I can't let it get the best of me. I got it that time. MUD,mud,mud,sand,sand,sand,pea gravel, I know I'm going down hill but if I let off the gas I might stop anyway. Very deep pea gravel. My bike is starting to look like a cup cake. A nice chocolate center with sprinkles of sand and pea gravel. Climb several sandy, rocky hills, not too difficult. Back into the woods. MUD, mud, mud, I'M STUCK. Can't believe I got out of that. I'm stuck again. I can't believe I got out of that. Back to the sand and climbing hills. Climb, climb, climb, made it....DROP OFF. WHEW I'm still in one peice. Better catch my breath. Climb, climb, climb made to the top....good thing I slowed down at the top...DROP OFF. Now that hill is intimidating but very climbable. I have no idea what is on the other side and I'm all alone I think I'll pass. Maybe that is the hill everyone is talking about, but I haven't seen anything else that looks to legendary.

Well you get the idea. THERE WAS ACTUALLY JEEPS ON THEM THERE TRAILS!!! Not exactly single track trails. Not the best place to go for a single tracker like me, but I did have a good time. Then again, I usually do when I'm on a dirt bike.

Neal

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
yzeater,
I don't have a USB card right now so I can't upload the video. It isn't real impressive but I did get my crash and the two times that I got stuck on video.

Senior,
I love the new bike!! It is the easiest bike to ride that I have ever owned and it totally hauls when I want it too. As a matter of a fact I haven't even hit 5th gear yet and I have about 10 hours on it. At Attica I noticed I was doing 62 in 4th and it wasn't wound out yet. That isn't what makes it a great dirt bike though. It just handles great, feels light and has all the power I need but it is controllable. So far so good!

Neal

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Where else do you guys ride in that area ? can you ride in the Hoosier forest ?Thinking of making a trip back to Lafayette? any suggestions ?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom