Marklx

May 24, 2001
Wrooster,

Just spent 1/2 hour reading the thread on thumper. What a discovery! I don't even own a WR but found the info to be pretty amazing. Lots of friends considering buying one, and this certainly helps with the yz v. wr thing. Couldn't get one myself, as I didn't come close to being able to touch the ground. (bought a klx300. 3" lower). Now if only my klx had that grey wire.......

Mark

Oct 10, 2000
WR Fix!!!

I posted my feelings about the WR when that tread was just a rag on the bike, and now look what has happend. There are over 105 posts and I'm sure there will be 105 more. The fix will rock the WR's world and Yamaha will have something to explain if this really pans out. I'm very excieted and will try the "free Mod" when more testing has been done.

bikermiked

Jan 29, 2001
It works!

Just did the mod. Used my extra small screwdriver to push the connector out. Used the tank and seat off to reroute my hoses. The bike pulls hard with no hit.
I live at 5500 feet, stock jeting, 1.5 turns, screw cut, muff plug out.:)

ktm 300
wr250f

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
Check this out....this is from the June '01 issue of DIRT BIKE, talking about the WR250F:

...our WRF (with the cam timing changed) is still slower than a YZ250F. Even with a YZF pipe installed. We'll let you know when we find out where that power went.

Maybe the "grey wire" is where the power went.

Top Bottom