Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okie,

I got a bill on my credit card statement for $12. I went and checked my paypal account to see what was up. Nothing showed up. Then I remembered that I had a different paypal account w/ a different e-mail addy when I originally signed up as a subscribing member. I can no longer access the old paypal account, but was wondering if there is an auto-pay still set up. Is there a way you can see on your end what/who/where the money is coming in? If so, then I would like to stop the auto-pay since that's an old account + I am no longer a Subscriber. Thank you in advance...

B

biglou

Subscriptions are cancelled on the user end. I had one or two sponsorship subs that I paid for, and somewhere on Paypal is a page with subscriptions you have running. You have to go there and cancel them yourself.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
But Lou that would mean GH would have to actually do the work himself! :laugh: It's soooo much easier for him if somebody else is responsible for fixing things ;) Besides then he can always blame the other guy.

B

biglou

btw-Cancelling doesn't cancel what you paid for, it just won't pay again when renewal time comes up. Meaning, you can buy a subscription, then canel it in Paypal the next day if you want, but you are still paid up for the year with whoever you bought the sub from.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yeah I figured out how it works. The problem is that I don't have access to the old paypal account. Don't remember the old e-mail addy and password I had it set up for. :( That's why I was wondering if there is a way Okie can cancel it on his end. Worst case, I think my card expires in Feb anyways so ain't no auto-pays gonna do much with an expired card. :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Since it's already bought and paid for and good for another year, can I give it as a gift? Needless to say I'm not getting much out of it. LOL Okie? You there? Pick up the phone... :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'll need the email addy you used at paypal to cancel it. I can look-up the transaction and cancel it with that info.
What you do with it is your call. I also just paypal $12 to your new email addy

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'll see if I can't look it up or call my old ISP and find out what my old addy was. I am not so worried about the 12 bucks as I am the auto-pay on an account that I can't get into anymore (yeah I know, MY BAD ;) ). I'll look up the old ISP in the phonebook tonight and get back to you. Thank you for the help. :worship:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Whoa, my lucky day. I luckily had an old e-mail from my old addy saved in a folder. :yeehaw:

The address that should be getting billed for the subscriber thing is cjfarmer@ecpi.com

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
What email do I use to issue the refund via paypal?

No need for the refund, but thank you. I'm just glad to have cancelled the auto-pay thing. If anything, use the 12 bucks and bump someone else up to Subscriber status if possible. Or the other way I see it, you earned the extra 12 bucks for taking care of MY problem. :thumb: Thank you once again...

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom